Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to update Nokia Lumia 710 OS to 7.8

ms1213

Unable to update Nokia Lumia 710 OS to 7.8

[ Edited ]

I tried updating my nokia lumia 710 using Zune, it says your phone software is up to date and

your current software is 7.10(8773)

Anyone please let me know how to update OS to 7.8

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Xylon524

I have the same mate just be patient it should be available soon although from what I read everyone should have had the update by the end of Feb.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Its now march Xylon.
Anyhow there is endless threads on this repeated question.
It will be available to you when its available,until then keep checking.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Advisor
2grimus6

Its been withdrawn because of problems with live tiles. See yesterdays blog post at www.gsmarena.com for more information.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Wrong !!! That post is about wp7.8 Not WP8

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Actually the reports and also the responses from Microsoft are about the 7.8 update being halted due to issues with the way the live tiles refresh. While we have yet to hear from Nokia on this seeing that there are a number of Microsoft posts and statements around the net confirming the issue it would be safe to assume at this time they halted the update cycle to fix this issue.

Let's hope Nokia comes out with an announcement on this as it needs to be addressed by an official source.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2grimus6

Thanks paulheu at last a semi official confirmation that there is a problem with the upgrade. The silence from Nokia is shamefull, perhaps Microsoft never told Nokia the upgrade was pulled. What a total shambles.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

In all honesty, Once the firmware update has been delivered to teh update service it's out of Nokia's hands.. Obviously they can/could/should go ask MSFT what is happening, but that's about it..

To me it would seem it is MSFT who needs to come out and let you people know what's up.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Lots of angry folk here in ireland!

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

[ Edited ]

Hello  All

Any  news yet on the 7.8 Update yet ?    Just tried again tonight  on Zune still no update 

Nokia Lumina 800 Not locked to network but on T-Mobile  UK 

Can not understand why no replys or news from Nokia It just goes to show this once great Companys demise 

If ift been held back then say so dont   rely on microsoft 

Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

THIS

---

Please use plain text.
Advisor
2grimus6

attn: paulheu

Can you inform Nokia that the 7.8 upgrade has been pulled. Assuming it has, and also assuming they do not know already.

If you can't help us get the information to the correct person, who can ? Nokia have built a wall between themselves and their customers.

Done a good job of it as well, pity not as much effort was put into my phone support.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Briant566

sorry !
I did not read the date on that post thought it was older but my oint is that still no info from Nokia !
It still on there website as ready in Feb.
Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

2grimus6 wrote:

attn: paulheu

Can you inform Nokia that the 7.8 upgrade has been pulled. Assuming it has, and also assuming they do not know already.

If you can't help us get the information to the correct person, who can ? Nokia have built a wall between themselves and their customers. Done a good job of it as well, pity not as much effort was put into my phone support. 

I have a feeling we will hear from Nokia on this shortly..

---

Please use plain text.