Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 822 can't send Text messages ...

Teejey29

Unlocked Nokia Lumia 822 can't send Text messages post software update (8.0.10211.204)

Would appreciate any help available on this issue !!

I am using an Nokia Lumia 822 Verizon unlocked phone in India.
When I got this phone everything seemed to work fine, even the text messaging.
Unfortunately over the past few weeks i'm unable to send any text messages. I keep getting the reply "Can't send message Try Again". Its only for sending where the problem arises. I do still receive regular text messages on my phone.

When I use this SIM on another phone I'm able to send messages just fine. So no problem with the SIM, network or network provider.

I've already tried the power cycle. Infact I also did a hard reboot, ie. removed the battery while the phone was switched on and inserted the battery after a couple of minutes and powered the phone on. It did not help.
I've checked the APN, SMS Centre Number and server setting too with the provider and it's correct. Infact internet connection works fine through the same network provider.

I am using this phone since Feb 2013 and was able to send text messages till mid march 2013. 

I strongly think it was an update (8.0.10211.204) to the software that i did a couple of weeks ago that is causing this. The latest update to the software mentions additional features for messaging. This could the reason this problem has surfaced.

I hope Nokia, Windows and Verizon correct this issue immediately and send an update across soon.

rgds,
Teejey
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Re: Unlocked Nokia Lumia 822 can't send Text messages post software update (8.0.10211.204)

Have you tried using Access Point QR code to see if there is any update for this, which has not reached you yet?

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PraveenB

Re: Unlocked Nokia Lumia 822 can't send Text messages post software update (8.0.10211.204)

Access point doesn't have anything to do with SMS, right ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PraveenB

I am also hearing that some users are having problems with 3g in India.

Are you using 3g on your phone ??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MerantiKid

I'm having exactly the same problem. I just hope Nokia and/or Verizon would provide a fix immediately... It took a long time to convince me to switch to Nokia, and I hope Nokia would facilitate with a solution for me to stay with it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rose33090

From my research, most 822's began having issues with sms, mms sending or receiving or both with portico update if you are not on Verizon network. The ability to edit apn is gone (apn is gone) and the one on the Nokia site doesn't help and once downloaded, you cannot remove it w/o a hard reset. Support will tell you to download, I recommend not. Verizon and Nokia are both aware of issues but so far have chosen to ignore. My phone is not even 3 months old and I had to leave the Verizon network b/c it is a work phone. I believe everyone needs to indundate Verizon and Nokia with compaints. Posting online will not get their attention unless you go to the 822 facebook page and their twitter (@NokiaCareUS, yes, that really is it!!). What good is unlimited sms and mms if you can't use it? I also pay extra for unlimited data plan. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sayeedr

I was able to use Lumia 928 completely (voice, text and data) on T-mobile network. I do not have 822 but it has the same issue. On 928 I was not able to send text messages but receive.

Voice and Data works out of the box but for text I needed to change the APN.

For Lumia 928, there is not settings to change APN, so I downloaded the Access Point app from here:

http://julip.co/2012/12/lumia-810-change-apn/

After than I added APN for t-mobile using this settings:

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1979

and send  text messaging worked fine.

Please test it and let me know if it worked for you guys.

Please use plain text.
regipa

I am using an Nokia Lumia 822 Verizon unlocked phone in India with Tata Docomo 3g network. I just received the phone a week back  and noticed the issue with the outgoing SMS. Keep getting the reply "Can't send message Try Again". Its only for sending where the problem arises. I do still receive regular text messages. I have already tried the power cycle. Infact I also did a hard reboot with out much success. Hoping that Nokia will come out with the upgrade

Regi A

Teejey29 wrote:
Would appreciate any help available on this issue !!

I am using an Nokia Lumia 822 Verizon unlocked phone in India.
When I got this phone everything seemed to work fine, even the text messaging.
Unfortunately over the past few weeks i'm unable to send any text messages. I keep getting the reply "Can't send message Try Again". Its only for sending where the problem arises. I do still receive regular text messages on my phone.

When I use this SIM on another phone I'm able to send messages just fine. So no problem with the SIM, network or network provider.

I've already tried the power cycle. Infact I also did a hard reboot, ie. removed the battery while the phone was switched on and inserted the battery after a couple of minutes and powered the phone on. It did not help.
I've checked the APN, SMS Centre Number and server setting too with the provider and it's correct. Infact internet connection works fine through the same network provider.

I am using this phone since Feb 2013 and was able to send text messages till mid march 2013. 

I strongly think it was an update (8.0.10211.204) to the software that i did a couple of weeks ago that is causing this. The latest update to the software mentions additional features for messaging. This could the reason this problem has surfaced.

I hope Nokia, Windows and Verizon correct this issue immediately and send an update across soon.

rgds,
Teejey

Please use plain text.
jimsnyder

Having same darn problem help help help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
piggy62

Nokia Lumia 800, working fine until 4 weeks ago, now I can niether send nor receive test messages, anyone out there any ideas, I have don the usual software upgrades, taken the battery out etc, nothing seems to work, it is a complete pain as I use my phone for work and am ofter out and about - anyone else got problems?  You just get the runaround if you call your provider.

Please use plain text.
regipa

Re: Unlocked Nokia Lumia 822 can't send Text messages post unlocking

I was interacting with nokia support on twitter. They have asked me to reboot the phone, check for updates, try my sim in another phone etc I have done everything as per their instruction but the issue still remains. Is it such a difficult problem for nokia to address?

Please use plain text.
NarasimhaKP

Re: Unlocked Nokia Lumia 822 can't send Text messages post unlocking

Even I am facing the same issue. I am not able to send text message. Please help me .

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ocho

First sorry for my bad english :smileywink:I have the same problem with my Lumia but i'm understood that i can send sms without country code. e.g.(+995) it's my country code. Try and replay about your phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SkyDriveOne

My nokia lumia 800 suddenly stopped sending or receiving sms texts and mms text messages. I had to reset the phone which then worked fine. Go into settings, then choose About and scroll down until you find reset my phone. Make sure you back up photos and other personal information. All your contacts are stored on skydrive (soon to be OneDrive). Also, your emails are also stored in SkyDrive. Once you have reset your phone and signed in to your Windows Live account, your emails and contents will download automatically.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VinTheButcher

Moved from Verizon to T-Mobile and used my HTC 8X, everything worked good with the exception of MMS. Apparently Verizon blocked certain APN settings sooooo....

I changed to a Nokia 822, MMS works under the LTE/3G/2G settings in ' Cingular ' but I could not send SMS. I switched the connection to 3G and I got one SMS text to send and it went back to 'cant send text'.

So I switched to 2G (E) and I can send both MMS and SMS, it takes a long time but it gets the job done if I have to reply to someone.
Please use plain text.