Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Update Bug Stuck at 0%

MikeChm51
Accepted Solution

Update Bug Stuck at 0%

Using Nokia Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8.

I used "phone update"; it said updates are available for my phone.

But the update process is now perpetually stuck at 0%. I see this message:
"phone update
Update status

This message always remains whenever I visit the phone update screen (has been stuck for the last 3 days!).
The progress bar is stuck at 0% - it isn't downloading any updates or making any progress at all.

There is no option on the screen to cancel this update process and to start again.

The only two options below the progress indicator bar are two tick boxes:
"[ ] Tell me when updates are available for my phone" and "[ ] Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it".

I have tried checking and un-checking these boxes; I've also tried turning off/on the WiFi and Data Connection.
I even shut off the phone completely, but when I turn it back on and go to Settings > Phone Update, it's still stuck on "Downloading updates 0%" !!

I am able to browse the Internet on the phone. WiFi and regular data connection are both working fine.

Thank you for your help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Update Bug Stuck at 0%

Did you try rebooting your phone? You can reboot by pressing and holding the vol down + power buttons for around 10 seconds until the phone vibrates and restarts. 

Please use plain text.
MikeChm51

Thanks cjlim. Figured out the problem, it was the Battery Saver. I turned off battery saver then re-booted the phone as you said. Updated successfully. Thx
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mousse

Mikechm51, you're a genius. I've trawled a dozen forums and all they suggest is to reset, which of course achieves absolutely nothing! It was the battery saver all along! Thanks!
Please use plain text.
BADRI313

I have Lumia 625 I want to update my phone to black but when I check for update there comes "your phone is up to date"
I also visit to the Nokia software update website there is written "Lumia black update is ready for ur phone" (country region Pakistan) but my mobile say "ur phone is up to date" & my mobile is still in Lumia umber
I have also created a backup
check the time,date e.t.c
Please use plain text.
dodi_nj

Mike thank you very much for the solution, didn't take long for me to find the solution to this problem. :smileytongue:
thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dule_96

@BADRI313 It deppends on your operator. If not, try running the update using Nokia PC Suite. Post if it helps. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.