Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Update Lumia 800 available!

Advisor
R4lph

Update Lumia 800 available!

Updating Lumia 800......

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
biggzyn80

Just updated mine with the new Nokia Update for Windows Phone.
The update brings:

Charging improvements
Voicemail notification improvement
Replying to mail improved for Microsoft Exchange 2003 users
Improved display switching in bright light
Improved audio quality

Update went fine
Please use plain text.
Professor

[ Edited ]

What a useful and insightful post we have here......

Try putting some information in your post. lol

This change log looks the same as the 7740 update

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
biggzyn80

From Nokia:

Not everyone will get the update at once – the number of simultaneous downloads has to be limited – but it should be delivered in all the initial launch countries over the course of the next two weeks. The software will be downloaded through Microsoft Zune.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
biggzyn80

[ Edited ]

mkr10001 i already had 7740 update from Microsoft when i had my device, this is a Nokia update NOT Microsoft, and it went live today so its not the 7740 update.

Please use plain text.
Professor

Excellent. i'll give it a go
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

From GSM Arena

• Improved charging
  • Voicemail notification improvement
  • Replying to mail improved for Microsoft Exchange 2003 users
  • Improved display switching in bright light
  • Improved audio quality

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
biggzyn80

[ Edited ]

In the camera app, we now have a Save Option for the settings we apply as before they reverted back once you exit and a Flicker Reduction setting, can be set to 50Hz or 60Hz.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
R4lph

I can confirm discharging dropped to about 140mA at 3,721 V in rest mode instead about 200mA. I can also confirm significant better audio over headphones (we got some bass here).

Keep updates coming...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SamaelRanger

To be useful, please specify

OS version

Microcode version

Hardware version

Software version

etc

All above info you can find in Settings, About Phone.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
R4lph

OS version: 7.10.7740.16

Firmware revision number: 1600.2479.7740.11451

Hardware revision number: 112.1402.2.3

Radio software version: 1.6.00.24

Radio hardware version: 8255

Bootloader version: 7.35.0.0

Chip SOC version: 0.74.2.1              

Please use plain text.
Advisor
R4lph

The 7740 Windows Phone OS update is needed in order to carry out Nokia lumia 800's firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
caesarson

Just updating now. Pity the nokia drive update is not included
Please use plain text.
Sage
Aslan93

my zune tells me that im running the latest os which i updated like a week ago and it shows it as "07.10.07740.03" even though on the phone it says ".16" any ideas? im using the mac version of zune btw

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
EoAssassin

I updated my Lumia 800 but now i have an issue with the battery icon at the top of the screen. No matter what i do, it displays a "?" (Reboot done twice, tried to toggle the battery save) and the battery level is not displayed... I have to go to the "Battery saver" option to see how much is left...

Do i have to restore my last backup?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Advisor
R4lph

I would suggest tot in install your back up and try it over again.

Here everythings works fine. I charged my phone to 100% (1300mA) last night and did some surfing and messaging in the evening. After a night on flightmodus and some newsreading over wifi and facebooking this morning I am still at 86% battery life left.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
EoAssassin

I've finished doing the restore / reupdate and same issue: There is a "?" on the battery icon at the top of the screen.

It's very annoying to not know how much battery is left without going through the options...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
R4lph

Seems to be a hardware defect. You could run diagnostics by dialing ##634# and see if you can track a power source. If not, I woud suggest a replacement.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jigarb

Same problem here... i'm facing exactly the same issue.. also, my wifi goes off when the screen goes to sleep mode.. when I wake the device up, it looks for wifi and connects again ....really annoying... can someone tell me how to keep the wifi permanently on?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RockEviltwin

jigarb wrote:
Same problem here... i'm facing exactly the same issue.. also, my wifi goes off when the screen goes to sleep mode.. when I wake the device up, it looks for wifi and connects again ....really annoying... can someone tell me how to keep the wifi permanently on?

This is a standard energy saving function on all Windows Phones and most other smartphones as well. No way way to change that, but it's really better that way.

Please use plain text.