Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Use offline maps for Nokia Drive

Counsellor
mathe226

rayhipkiss wrote:

mathe226 wrote:

cjlim wrote:

WP is a completely different OS. The team effectively started from scratch. Whwn the Lumia 800 was first launched, even Drive didn't do offline. The plan is to eventually provide the same user experience for WP. Will see how far they have gone with the next iteration.

And no one were thinking of starting the development earlier, so that the Lumia navigation had been at least as good as on several years old Symbian when the Lumias were released almost a year ago?

Maps and Drive on my Lumia 920 can now be fully used in Offline mode. You can search for addresses and use turn by turn navigation without the need for an internet connection.

Ray.

And when will this be available for other Lumia models? Or were we just full paying beta testers?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
muneebma

Dear,

I switched to Nokia Lumia 920 from Nokia E7. I was shocked to see that My  favourite locations are not synchronized with Nokia Drive in Lumia 920. I had saved my favourite locations in ovi with my nokia account. 

Can nokia synchronize the favrourites from ovi.maps if a nokia account is used on Lumia 920?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Assuming you have already updated to the latest version of Nokia Maps on your Lumia 920, your favourites are synched with Nokia Maps only and not Nokia Drive. So if you wish to navigate to one of your favourites, you should start Nokia Maps, select your favourite and start navigation from there. This should automatically start Nokia Drive when turn by turn navigation is selected. 

Make sure you are using the same Nokia account on the Lumia

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Use offline maps for Nokia Maps

I have a Nokia Lumia 710. I want to be able to use Nokia Maps or perform a similar function in an offline mode.

I plan to visit South America where a roaming data plan would be exhorbitant if there is even coverage available. Nokia Drive is adequate for navigation but Maps is essential for locating myself in a town or its vicinity.

What is a solution? My old Nokia 5800 served this purpose but downloadable maps are incomplete for this device.

Please use plain text.