Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Vibration setting: how to make it vibrate continou...

Counsellor
mayafab

Vibration setting: how to make it vibrate continously when receiving a call?

Hi,

my cyan Lumia 800 (OS 7740, firmware 7720, hardare x.3) vibrates only two short bursts (about 1 sec) each upon receiving a call, but I want it to viabrate as long the ringtone rings.

Vibrate is "on", what else can I configure and is this a known issue?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

Re: Vibration setting: how to make it vibrate continously when receiving a call?

Strange.. I also noticed this for the first time after reading ur post.. Mine is Black Lumia 800 with the latest firmware (xxx.7740) and the vibration is also for about two bursts ~ 1 sec.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

Re: Vibration setting: how to make it vibrate continously when receiving a call?

Looks like its an OS Limitation.. ANd is being requested as a much needed feature:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2286775-vibrate-and-...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mayafab

thanks, Rahulxsinha,

firstly, good to know that the vibration issue is a requested improvement, BTW, I also wud like to have longer notifcation ("nag") in case of calendar entries alarms.

secondly, how do you have the 7740 firmware?  I get on Zune that my phone is fully updated.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rahulxsinha

[ Edited ]

@ mayafab >> That is strange.. Your OS Version is 7740 BUT the Firmware version is 7720 !!

I have my OS Version as : xxx..7740.16

& Firmware revision number : xxxx.2479.7740.xxxxx 

& Hardware Revision: xxx.2.3

My assumption is that the firmware revision number is country/carrier specific. Mine is factory unlocked, as in my country all the mobiles are sold in full retail and there is no concept of Carrier Lock...  In which region/country are you currently in..?

Please use plain text.