Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Voice Mail Notification in Lumia 800

ginger12

Voice Mail Notification in Lumia 800

I got a voicemail notification icon in the Phone tile on my Lumia 800 phone. I have not subscribed to any voicemail with my operator and there is no voicemail in my voicemail box. I cant get rid of this notification icon. I have rebooted the phone, taken out the SIM and replaced it, applied the latest updates, spoken with the techincal support at NOIKA India. Please let me know what i can do to get rid of this notification icon. It is VERY IRRITATING.

thanks

Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

Re: Voice Mail Notification in Lumia 800

Hi ginger12,

Have you tried resetting your phone? This will delete all the data of your device. So if you will perform a reset be sure to back your files up via Zune. You can also attach some screenshot so we can investigate.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

I just wondered if you had managed to fix this?

I have the same problem and I am unable to find a solution. I tried different SIM cards and thought the recent Microsoft software updates might remove it, but no joy.

I have NOT tried a full reset yet - seemed a bit extreme for what should be something simple.

Cheers,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rae59

I want to set up a voicemail but it wants a code which I dont have can you help pls
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Is this for a Nokia Lumia 800 as well, Rae59? For which Service Provider is this?

If you're asked to enter a code, it may be the voicemail pin or password. Is it asking you to create one or to enter an existing code at the first place?

Voicemail is a network service and in this case, you have to contact your Service Provider for assistance.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sumomoggy

Bump... anybody managed to find a way to remove a permanently STUCK voicemail icon on the start/livetiles screen??

Thanks

Please use plain text.
paulaj

I seem to have the same issues with my lumia 800, there is a voicemail icon on the phone tile and when i go into it  it say voicemail isnt configured. Please enter your voiemail number and try again.  I have no idea what i am supposed to enter here and I can not remove the icon from the tile.  What should I do?

Please use plain text.
paulaj

Managed to find help from my provider Tesco in this case who gave me a code to deactivate my voicemail then another to reactivate it then called voicemail on 905 entered a new pin that i have to make up then could access my voicemail and delete it which cleared the icon from my phone.  Found it more helpful than this Nokia site!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

paulaj wrote:

Managed to find help from my provider Tesco in this case who gave me a code to deactivate my voicemail then another to reactivate it then called voicemail on 905 entered a new pin that i have to make up then could access my voicemail and delete it which cleared the icon from my phone.  Found it more helpful than this Nokia site!

Seeing as though Voicemail is a network feature you should have gone to your network first rather than the Nokia site.

Please use plain text.