Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Volume Control

Counsellor
manutyagi
Accepted Solution

Volume Control

I am using lumia 820..everything was working fine (except that bloody fb chat in messaging hub which i am not able to make on..even after so many efforts) but today i noticed that I nt able to control the volume of songs and games..just when i am using the volume down button my profile volume goes down not the music player volume or game volume...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rambosaha

Re: Volume Control

@manutyagi - it happened once with me too. you will notice that even after reducing the volume if the music volume is not getting reduced, change the song or play a different song and it will be played with the new reduced/increased volume. maybe its a malfunction or a bug, try a soft reset and this problem might go. mine got fixed.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

Performing a soft reset will fix many issues you may have with your phone. With the device switched off press and hold the Volume DOWN and Power keys together for around 12 seconds until the phone vibrates. The phone should restart and boot up normally. This will not wipe any user data from the phone but your date and time may reset back to factory default.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manutyagi

Thanks soft reset is done in switched off condition ??????????

btw volume control started wrking normally..automatically..even games volume

and my main issue is the fb chat..nt wrking since the day i gt my 820..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manutyagi

did all..didn't knew hw to do soft reset..but yesterday evening it started wrking by itself..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

manutyagi wrote:
Thanks soft reset is done in switched off condition ??????????

You can do it when the phone is ON.. After the vibration ..the phone will reboot..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manutyagi

but when i try to do soft reset (push the volume down and power key), I get the message "SLIDE DOWN TO POWER OFF"...is it correct or am I doing it incorrectly....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rambosaha

You can Switch it OFF First and then try it, if you are facing problems while switched on.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rambosaha

@manutyagi - even if "SLIDE DOWN TO POWER OFF" comes, keep holding the two buttons till 10-15 seconds and the phone will automatically get rebooted. it will restart and will take longer time than the usual.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manutyagi

I am just asking..that while doing soft reset "SLIDE DOWN TO POWER OFF" happens or I am doing it incorrectly..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rambosaha

if your phone is switched on and you are trying to soft reset, YES it happens!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mieloes

Suggestion by Rayhipkiss worked perfectly for my volume issue on Nokia Lumia 925. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jrewing

A soft reset only worked for a little while. The problem is back. I tried two times.

Please use plain text.