Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

WP7.5 contacts

Counsellor
cintwo

WP7.5 contacts

My Lumia 710 WP 7.5 is losing contacts for no reason, I've tried to cold reboot the phone but all contacts were just gone and I had to re sync, anyone has any idea about this?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

Re: WP7.5 contacts

Sounds like corruption.

Have you done a hard reset? It will completely wipe the device to factory settings but usually fixes the corruption.
Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

[ Edited ]

Well I don't want to reset the phone for now, the AMAZING thing is that I can't transfer contacts from my old phone because it's a C7 and it's NOT COMPATIBLE!!! I can't transfer from nokia suite because it's NOT COMPATIBLE!!!! You know what i should do?!!! Accept and tick  their unsafe options disclaimer for the cloud and upload all my contacts into an unknown server to redownload them to my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't rest it I will bin it

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

whats the big deal? i understand. so sync one time, transfer the contacts, then go online, delete your contacts, and close the account....if that is what you want.

but creating another thread around it with the same issue, almost as a warning is not going to fix your issue.

the issue you are having is plain. but you have to be willing to take the steps to fix it.

if you came to a lumia from a c7....then having your stuff sync to the cloud is not nothing different. if you are in the USA on a c7, then you already unknowingly synced all your contacts to Tmo server. if not, then you may have already synced them to ovi.com (which is going to delete everything shortly.

...but if you had an android device or apple device previously, then proly best to just understant the the process is normal and you have to follow it by each device's style. if you have an android device, you have a google email that synces everything, if you have an iphone, you have a me account that syncs everything, and, if you have a wp device you have a live/outlook/hotmail account that syncs everything....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ceroberts75

its like going to the doctor, telling him you have a cut on your knee, been given the instruction that in order to stop infection you have to clean it, put some meds on it, use a bandaid, and then all should be good ....

and the reply would be, but i have always covered my cuts with paper, why cant i just use paper?!

that is about as simple as it can be put. i have given you the answers you need in both this thread and the other one you created.

please use them. it will help you. its just a bandaid and it may sting a bit, but in the end, it will all work out.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to have upset you. The thing is quite simple with my old phones I could access my mass memory and the bluetooth was fully functional, I have never used online storage because I prefer my pc as a storage and backup, it's quick, simple and you don't need any internet connection

Please use plain text.