Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

What is book reading app for Nokia 1520?

Advisor
datauduong

What is book reading app for Nokia 1520?

Hi,

iOS have iBook, Good Reader. Android have Play Book, Mantano Reader.

What does Windows Phone 8 have in equivalent?

Functionality require are annotations for PDF, Epub and in App dictionary integrated.

Adobe Reader and MS Reader Viewer still need a bit of work to make it more reading friendly. PDF Page crops, highlight, underline adding note ...

Nokia Reading is not available for Lumina 1520 at this stage.

A bit disappointed when I got my First Windows Phone 8 Nokia 1520, I lose most of my app from Android and iOS.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: What is book reading app for Nokia 1520?

There are several PDF apps which could read books in PDF form, also Nokia Reading in the store along with the Kindle app all in the Microsoft store. You could also read things via the browser or save books to your skydrive account and access them on your Lumia.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
datauduong

Thanks for reply carman58, I did have a look at the AppStore.

None of the following reader can annotate, pdf crop.
1. MS PDF Reader (Can't do anything - no toc, no highlight)
2. Acrobat Reader (on Nokia 1520, the text is a bit blurry)
3. PDF Xpansion Reader (Zoom is slow, no highlight, can't tap to zoom to the text)
4. Liberty (Can't login from dropbox, can't event see book download via web browser and view with Liberty - absolutely useless).
5. Amazon Kindle (Can't view book purchase from Packt or external party). Can't open pdf from SkyDrive...

I was hoping Nokia Reading was able to provide a simple book reading experience (but it does not work on Nokia 1520).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Please use plain text.
Advisor
datauduong

Paulheu, Thanks for your suggestion. I did have a look still not happy with the quality of App.
Please use plain text.
otattoo

I agree just got mine yesterday and tried to load my epub books. Not happy with the work around. Nokia or Microsoft fix this now! This is a issue that should have been fixed already. You show people reading books on this and how great it is....get us a reader that works with the phone not a go around. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

i use Bookviser for EPUB books and PDF Reader (not the Microsoft one, the one developed by Misha Uliutin) and they work fantastically for the purposes i require of them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.