Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What little tricks have you found with the Lum...

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: What little tricks have you found with the Lumia 800?

foxmeister wrote:

Cheers. It's a bit of a shame

I haven't had much luck with the skydrive app, I can't seem to find any way of  moving files into different folders on there from either root or any other folders.

But that 's the subject for a more appropriate thread

Suppose it's still a bit of a tip, you can manage files and folders through the skydrive website.  On the skydrive app you can select which folder your file is uploaded to by going into that folder before selecting the file to upload.

https://skydrive.live.com/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
happytoon

[ Edited ]

Finger focus on camera view finder - Work for me too... When I tap the screen on an area, the camera focus on that point and take the picture... Nice one

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

tap to focus/shoot is working now, thanks for the...

'settings > applications > Pictures+camera'

...info!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitshere87

I used the networks app to fix my mms settings, but one fine day it again stopped working and even the network app didn't work this time around . I looked up the manual settings for my operator and entered it into diagnostic s tool mms son thong. It worked ;-)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitshere87

I'm surprised you guys didn't know about this touch to focus function thing . In this case I would really recommend you to pull up the settings in viewfinder and play with the intensity, ISO focus mode. You,LL see wonders the camera is so good. You can actually take beautiful pictures with it .
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ankitshere87

One must try thing if you have not already. Select a few pictures as your favorites by saving it to your phone from online albums and other places . By marking them favorite. Now if you have placed your pictures tile in the main desktop it shows them in a nice way at random and also in the background of the gallery ... I think this is very cool.

Also, while playing musing unlocking the phone and not sliding it up will turn it red which is beautiful also try pausing the music using the buttons that appear and check out the effect. Hot
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

what music app? or will it work with any music app?
i tried with slacker radio and nothing happened
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

To watch video on websites, try tapping the video title at the top of the video instead of the video itself, this will take you to You Tube where you can watch it in the Lumia Browser :smileyhappy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEY-SAZJwe0

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Drof87

[ Edited ]

Re: ankitshere87

This only happens when there is no Artist information for your song. Usually you get a band or artist shot as the wallpaper lockscreen.

1991...........................................................................................................................................................2013
1610 • 5110 • 3210 • 8210 • 8310 • 7210 • 6230 • 6630 • N80 • N70 • N73 • N958GB • N900 • Lumia 800 • Lumia 820
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

WiFi sync Lumia (any Windows Phone?) with your PC.

First connect the Lumia to your PC with Zune. Activate Wireless Connection in the phone settings in Zune. Then, when your phone is connected to an external power source, within an couple of minutes Zune on your PC will connect to the phone over WiFi (both the phone and the PC must be within range of your WiFi router). Now you can transfer music, pictures and video's (no updates). When the WiFi connection is not active it will disconnect, but reconnect after a couples of minutes again. It will not disconnect during sync, though. On my (XP) system I can hear a sound telling me the phone is connected/disconnected, similar to the sound one gets when an USB device is (dis)connected. This will all not work when the phone is not connected to an external power source.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anseio

It's also good for metering the light. Where you tap to focus is where the image light is metered for the exposure. Tap in a light area and get a darker photo. Tap in a dark area and the light areas are very light.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

This may be nothing new to some folks, but I 'discovered' something new last night.. I was driving with the L800 acting purely as a music player by means of a stereo cable into the headphones socket. Normally I'd have the Bluetooth handsfree all fired up, but not last night for no particular reason.

Anyway, as Sod's Law dictates, the phone rang.. I noticed this because Judas Priest faded out, to be replaced with the ringtone. As the handsfree was off, I pulled over and picked up the phone. That's when I noticed that the caller's voice was coming through the car stereo speakers. Not only that, but the mic, which normally doesn't get my voice very well at more than a few inches away (see another thread on background suppression) picked me up really well at a couple of feet!

Obviously this function depends on having a stereo with a cable, but a very cool bit of functionality there, cheers Nokia!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I take it you are a first time Nokia user, All Nokia phones have had this function since the early 2000's, going back to Nokia's glory days, they just transferred this old (but awesome feature) to their windows phones. thats why Nokia's the best :-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hubrad

Hi ezzykoko, Not 1st time on Nokia, just previous ones weren't really so good for hooking up to the car stereo.. far too fiddly to load tracks and operate. You're right though.. an awesome feature!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

[ Edited ]

Want to find out if your handset is SIM locked??

Go to the Phone Dialler and dial ##782# then press call

You will get a response saying whether your phone is SIM locked or not

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AndehX

foxmeister wrote:

Tried that.  Didnt tell me if the phone was locked or not. Just gave me a screen for typing in a code, and said I had 10 attempts left.  I guess that means its locked anyway.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

AndehX wrote:

foxmeister wrote:

Tried that.  Didnt tell me if the phone was locked or not. Just gave me a screen for typing in a code, and said I had 10 attempts left.  I guess that means its locked anyway.

It does look like your phone is Locked

On mine it says ' your handset is already unlocked'

I wouldn't type anything in on that 'code' screen as this is where you enter your unlock code from your network operator. After 10 attempts I believe your phone is permanently locked

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Drof87

[ Edited ]

If you only use one language, deselect everything but that language in Keyboard settings and the language key will disappear from your keyboard giving you a bigger space bar.

Double tapping the space bar while typing will give a full stop (if it is set to do so in the keyboard settings).

:smileyhappy:

1991...........................................................................................................................................................2013
1610 • 5110 • 3210 • 8210 • 8310 • 7210 • 6230 • 6630 • N80 • N70 • N73 • N958GB • N900 • Lumia 800 • Lumia 820
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

In People Hub the What's New entries have several tap sections:

For tweets...

Section: Title

e.g. My Nokia Blog

Action: Opens up What's New posted by My Nokia Blog

Section: Middle/Body

e.g. "Nokia 808 PureVire Pre-Order in Netherlands..."

Action: Opens up the tweet for replies

Section: Bottom

e.g. mynokiablog on Twitter 12 hours ago

Action: Opens up the URL contained in the tweet

Section: Right-hand icon

Action: Same as Middle/Body section

For Facebook posts...

Section: Title

e.g. My friend's name

Action: Opens up What's New posted by my friend

Section: Everywhere else

e.g. "their comment about eating turkey for lunch"

Action: Opens up the facebook post, its replies and a box for you to make a comment

For images and videos...

Same as for fb posts except tapping the image/video thumbnail opens the media.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

the messaging tile has a smiley face :-)

when you get a text message it changes to a winky smiley face ;-)

and if you have 4 or more unread text messages it changes to surprise face  :-0

it was hilarious the first time i saw it, thought i should share, really cool feature

Please use plain text.