Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What would you like the next Update to add to ...

Advisor
tiinauimonen

Re: What would you like the next Update to add to the Nokia Lumia 800?

As I want to use my phone as an alarm clock, I want the volume of the alarm to be separate from the volume of the phone, so that I would wake up in the morning for the alarm but not in the midle of the night for a call or message.

Other thing about the alarm is the snooze time. I want to define the length of the snooze  time to be something else than 10 minutes.

This is something the old phones can do, and that I would use every day.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
oneFinn

Internet tethering, the phone should absolutely support tethering in infrastructure mode, it would be fatal if it comes as in symbian ie. adhoc-mode.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Maijay

Variable font sizes / Zoom  - I'm finding reading texts etc very tough.

On iphone, Samsung S2, Blackberry 8520 I can change the font size and/or zoom in.

It's not helped that the Tile colours are also the text box colours

Improved Ringer volume and vibration strength.

While I like the Tile format for now I've had to put it away as for day to day use it's failing me. The texts are too small, vibration isn't strong enough to get through jacket pocket so I miss calls.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fladimir

I would just like to improve Music quality over in build speakers and headphones. At the moment it sounds terrible
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
FunkyDunc

Had my Lumia 800 a few weeks now and love some aspects of it but still consider it a real pain at times.  Things I'd like to see:

1.  DIrect USB cable transfer of data.  Such as simple thing, would sime lots of time and energy.

2.  Separate volume control for ringtones and media content.

3.  Alarm to have volume level control and ability to change snooze time.  (Take a look at the HTC Desire for a much better solution)

4.  Camera Roll - Ability to multiple select photos to add or share, having to do one at a time is a real pain.

5.  Get rid of the stupid A, B, C categories when you get over a certain number of apps.

6.  I now have 10 rows of tiles of stuff I use regularly, I'd much prefer to be able to scroll left to another set of tiles.

7.  Why can't every funtion within settings be tiled ?  ie I regularly use the phone as sat nav at dusk/night.  Driving and faffing through settings is not safe.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

A must is the excellent solution of Nokia Maps on the Symbian versions making it possible to navigate/calculate/re-route etc offline. Why dropping OVI? It is probably installed and updated on almost every pc belonging to Nokia users! In addition, where is suitable accessories for car navigation such as a good holder that can be mounted to the universal dash-board mounted fixing set already in most cars using different mobile devices? Sucking cups for windows mounting is out of date!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
NameNotFound

[ Edited ]

1. Fix 3G bug leading to random reboots. Without 3G this phone is useless.

2. Fix the bug causing talk screen to always reactivate, so it is impossible to write SMS while talking.

3. Add the ability to connect to unsecured wifi networks without manual confirmation. This is not very useful to connect to every new network manually: if the network is open, it is probably public and this is enough reason to connect to it.

4. Add the setting like "Always syncronize immediately if connected via wifi" in the mail program.

5. Add the ability to preload maps from the computer or via wifi. The mobile internet sometimes costs too high (in a roaming for example), and sometimes it could be unavailable causing maps not to work at all. Old Nokia phones (e.g. n78, 5800, etc) had this ability and I can't stand why not add it to Lumia.

6. Allow every music file to became the ringtone without stupid limitations of the length and genre, because those limitations are just a **bleep**ing shame. Why should I cut the melody to one minute and replace its genre in order to make a ringtone from it? All phones can use any mp3 as a ringtone. My Nokia 6230i had this ability five years ago without any file cutting and genre changing. There is absolutely no reasons of those limitations.

7. Fix the bug in Nokia Maps causing it to exit when trying to make a route (e.g. selecting some object and selecting settings button).

8. Fix the audio bug causing the people poorly hear Lumia users.

9. Allow the phone to access its content as a mass storage device. Go on, Zune- and iTunes-like limitations are not preventing media piracy, they just make customers hate those authors, that's all.

10. Allow files to be transferred via bluetooth. Why the **bleep** cannot I transfer the photo I made myself using bluetooth? What are the reasons to prohibit it? I can send everything via SkyDrive, I can use file share services, but those methods require internet connection on both the phones. Why can't I transfer the content without the internet, where's the feature I've had with Nokia n78 years ago?

11. Fix the bug causing russian characters to display incorrectly while using gmail. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GavinWilliams

Fix the bug where it goes black and freezes

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Just moved from Symbian s60v5 to WP&. Slightly disappointed. So many features are restrictive, when compared to Symbian and Android.

1. Why do the Back, Start Screen and Search buttons vibrate when touched, even when Vibration is disabled in Ringtones. Any way to disable this vibration?
  2. Unable to change the wallpaper in Bing Search page, want it personalised to personal photos, not stock Bing photos.
  3. Unable to personalise themes, prefer personal photos instead of standard bright colours and white/black background.
  4. No way to edit Music files like rename, delete etc directly on the phone. Need Zune - that's not very quick.
  5. When a photo is assigned to a contact, we can only edit the photo to add another photo, unable to completely delete the photo. What if one does not want to associate the contact to a photo anymore - there's no way to remove the assigned photo.
  6. Why restrict Bluetooth to transfer files or OBEX? Internet connections aren't always available or economical.
  7. The softwares are restrictive rather than inclusive. Didn't choose Iphone for this reason, stuck with WP7 instead. Siiigh.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sinny

- More Camera options, Panorama mode, burst shot and why is camera photo settings greyed out?

- Battery life improvements, my HTC Hero albeit an inferior phone would last days even with Wifi on as I could set the wireless to not pull data constantly via the Sync button on Android.

- Ability to use Nokia Drive/Maps in offline mode, this was a toted feature in other Nokia phones, why is the WP variant any different? or are they still beta?

- Equalizer in the music player so I can actually get rid of my Cowon S9, The audio is fantastic on my mp3 player but I can't listen to flat music now.

- More nice general improvements that Nokia is known for to ease use of the device :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pollis559

I have just got the latest long awaited update for my Nokia Lumia 800 (1600.24838106.11500). Hoping battery life issues would be resolved but my battery full charge capacity is WORSE than before. Down to 1377mAH form a previous 1509mAH.
Please explain what is happening as I am really getting fed up know. Even a very long-time Nokia user has a limit. :smileyfrustrated:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

It looks like the diagnostics app is not working properly. How is your actual usage ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
piran

The embedded browser IE9 shows a brilliantly white screen for a number of default instances. It's VERY bright, quite wasteful of battery life and at night disturbing. Sites running dark colour schemes emphasize this defect particularly when there is a GET refresh or similar. One is rewarded with a short but brightly lit 'flash' of white light between such page refreshes or updates. Being able to set the default from brilliant white to a more economical and less visually disturbing shade of black would decrease battery consumption and increase the visiting experience. ...with tongue very much in cheek I had understood that this phone/OS did NOT support 'flash'.

Alternatively would you suggest some server-side IE9-specific code that changes this annoying default/defect from its brilliant white to a subdued shade of black? It would at least help me test my own server's dark themed sites here on the Lumia 800:-)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Amithsiji

Guys this is truly a waste of time...Nokia is not going to read these posts even....

I used to be Ambassador for Nokia, after buying Lumia 800, all gone.........

Atleast I ask them to fix, Battery issue, Call ending Issue, Issues related to 3G and most important 8MP camera.. Such a good Camera hardware but the firmware is so bad that picture is poor comparing iPhone 4 which has a fairly good Camera hardware!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pollis559

The new update does give much better battery life. I now get 1day 18hrs indicated on the Battery Saver page after a full charge. The Diagnostic Battery Status page also shows a correct % Charged value.

However, my indicated Full Charge Capacity is less than before. The previous value of 1501mAh must have been an error given the battery is rated at 1450mAh. But now I only get 1371mAH. Oddly this varies between the low 1300s and low 1400's. Surly this figure should be static?

Good job Nokia on the update but please keep the tweaks & fixes coming, and frequently.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ejovi

1. Customizable email/message tones

2. No automatic periods after a word is chosen in the predict-a-word mode

3. Using mp3's as ringtones (no matter the size of the file)

4. An automatic battery life display

5. A breathable light display to notify when messages are received (possibly w/ the start icon)

6. Flash support

Nokia phones (Owned 1999-Now):
5110, 3390, 3520, 6230, 6682, N72, 5800 XM , Lumia 800, Lumia 900 (Currently owned)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GeoWatt

[ Edited ]

TETHERING!!! only. The Lumia is without tethering.

Moderators notes:  Attempt to by pass profanity filter by abbreviating profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AndehX

Only 3 things absolutely NEED to be recified.

1. Battery life.
2. Audio equalizer
3. Custom text tones.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lifeisbetter

My recommendation to Nokia and Microsoft for their next upgrade:

1. Attaching any file esp. pdf and office files to the email while composing the email is very important for a phone to become a true business smart phone. Currently one can only attach pictures, which makes the phone only useful for teenagers.

2. File Transfer between Lumia and computer is currently not possible. Syncing files between laptop and mobile is a must before we think about skydrive. Also that would allow us to burn files onto a flash drive, using the phone as the flash drive. Zune is only good for photos, music and videos.

3. Tethering (Using the Lumia as an Wifi router) is extremely important for business purposes. In India, there is no FCC. Please enable a patch for India. All previous window versions had this feature.

4. Facebook application has improved significantly in the latest release by Microsoft. However, it is still not the best when compared to iPhone, Android applications. Lot of important features like 'unfriend', 'unsubscribe', sharing of status updates, news feeds are not possible.

5. In people hub, one can't like pictures. Linkedin data such as DOB, mobile number doesn't flow. Linkedin messages are not integrated. When I post to Linkedin, I don't get to see the responses. Only when linkedin is fully integrated, the phone becomes a true business smart phone.

6. We should be able to sync downloaded Nokia drive maps with the computer. It is difficult to download above 100 MB maps again.
Head - Internet Banking,
Deutsche Bank
Please use plain text.
Contributor
INeedToKnowIt

it is good that Nokia is aware of the bugs, and they are claiming it is a fault.... unlike the *Keeps the Doctor Away*, saying "You guys are holding it the wrong way!".... lol
Nokia Lumia 710
Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
Please use plain text.