As I want to use my phone as an alarm clock, I want the volume of the alarm to be separate from the volume of the phone, so that I would wake up in the morning for the alarm but not in the midle of the night for a call or message.
Other thing about the alarm is the snooze time. I want to define the length of the snooze time to be something else than 10 minutes.
This is something the old phones can do, and that I would use every day.
Internet tethering, the phone should absolutely support tethering in infrastructure mode, it would be fatal if it comes as in symbian ie. adhoc-mode.
Variable font sizes / Zoom - I'm finding reading texts etc very tough.
On iphone, Samsung S2, Blackberry 8520 I can change the font size and/or zoom in.
It's not helped that the Tile colours are also the text box colours
Improved Ringer volume and vibration strength.
While I like the Tile format for now I've had to put it away as for day to day use it's failing me. The texts are too small, vibration isn't strong enough to get through jacket pocket so I miss calls.
Had my Lumia 800 a few weeks now and love some aspects of it but still consider it a real pain at times. Things I'd like to see:
1. DIrect USB cable transfer of data. Such as simple thing, would sime lots of time and energy.
2. Separate volume control for ringtones and media content.
3. Alarm to have volume level control and ability to change snooze time. (Take a look at the HTC Desire for a much better solution)
4. Camera Roll - Ability to multiple select photos to add or share, having to do one at a time is a real pain.
5. Get rid of the stupid A, B, C categories when you get over a certain number of apps.
6. I now have 10 rows of tiles of stuff I use regularly, I'd much prefer to be able to scroll left to another set of tiles.
7. Why can't every funtion within settings be tiled ? ie I regularly use the phone as sat nav at dusk/night. Driving and faffing through settings is not safe.
2012-01-16 0:21 - edited 2012-01-16 0:49
1. Fix 3G bug leading to random reboots. Without 3G this phone is useless.
2. Fix the bug causing talk screen to always reactivate, so it is impossible to write SMS while talking.
3. Add the ability to connect to unsecured wifi networks without manual confirmation. This is not very useful to connect to every new network manually: if the network is open, it is probably public and this is enough reason to connect to it.
4. Add the setting like "Always syncronize immediately if connected via wifi" in the mail program.
5. Add the ability to preload maps from the computer or via wifi. The mobile internet sometimes costs too high (in a roaming for example), and sometimes it could be unavailable causing maps not to work at all. Old Nokia phones (e.g. n78, 5800, etc) had this ability and I can't stand why not add it to Lumia.
6. Allow every music file to became the ringtone without stupid limitations of the length and genre, because those limitations are just a **bleep**ing shame. Why should I cut the melody to one minute and replace its genre in order to make a ringtone from it? All phones can use any mp3 as a ringtone. My Nokia 6230i had this ability five years ago without any file cutting and genre changing. There is absolutely no reasons of those limitations.
7. Fix the bug in Nokia Maps causing it to exit when trying to make a route (e.g. selecting some object and selecting settings button).
8. Fix the audio bug causing the people poorly hear Lumia users.
9. Allow the phone to access its content as a mass storage device. Go on, Zune- and iTunes-like limitations are not preventing media piracy, they just make customers hate those authors, that's all.
10. Allow files to be transferred via bluetooth. Why the **bleep** cannot I transfer the photo I made myself using bluetooth? What are the reasons to prohibit it? I can send everything via SkyDrive, I can use file share services, but those methods require internet connection on both the phones. Why can't I transfer the content without the internet, where's the feature I've had with Nokia n78 years ago?
11. Fix the bug causing russian characters to display incorrectly while using gmail.
Just moved from Symbian s60v5 to WP&. Slightly disappointed. So many features are restrictive, when compared to Symbian and Android.
- More Camera options, Panorama mode, burst shot and why is camera photo settings greyed out?
- Battery life improvements, my HTC Hero albeit an inferior phone would last days even with Wifi on as I could set the wireless to not pull data constantly via the Sync button on Android.
- Ability to use Nokia Drive/Maps in offline mode, this was a toted feature in other Nokia phones, why is the WP variant any different? or are they still beta?
- Equalizer in the music player so I can actually get rid of my Cowon S9, The audio is fantastic on my mp3 player but I can't listen to flat music now.
- More nice general improvements that Nokia is known for to ease use of the device
The embedded browser IE9 shows a brilliantly white screen for a number of default instances. It's VERY bright, quite wasteful of battery life and at night disturbing. Sites running dark colour schemes emphasize this defect particularly when there is a GET refresh or similar. One is rewarded with a short but brightly lit 'flash' of white light between such page refreshes or updates. Being able to set the default from brilliant white to a more economical and less visually disturbing shade of black would decrease battery consumption and increase the visiting experience. ...with tongue very much in cheek I had understood that this phone/OS did NOT support 'flash'.
Alternatively would you suggest some server-side IE9-specific code that changes this annoying default/defect from its brilliant white to a subdued shade of black? It would at least help me test my own server's dark themed sites here on the Lumia 800:-)
Guys this is truly a waste of time...Nokia is not going to read these posts even....
I used to be Ambassador for Nokia, after buying Lumia 800, all gone.........
Atleast I ask them to fix, Battery issue, Call ending Issue, Issues related to 3G and most important 8MP camera.. Such a good Camera hardware but the firmware is so bad that picture is poor comparing iPhone 4 which has a fairly good Camera hardware!!!!!!!!!!!
The new update does give much better battery life. I now get 1day 18hrs indicated on the Battery Saver page after a full charge. The Diagnostic Battery Status page also shows a correct % Charged value.
However, my indicated Full Charge Capacity is less than before. The previous value of 1501mAh must have been an error given the battery is rated at 1450mAh. But now I only get 1371mAH. Oddly this varies between the low 1300s and low 1400's. Surly this figure should be static?
Good job Nokia on the update but please keep the tweaks & fixes coming, and frequently.
1. Customizable email/message tones
2. No automatic periods after a word is chosen in the predict-a-word mode
3. Using mp3's as ringtones (no matter the size of the file)
4. An automatic battery life display
5. A breathable light display to notify when messages are received (possibly w/ the start icon)
6. Flash support
2012-02-27 15:43 - last edited on 2012-02-27 19:16 by Raoul_Duke
TETHERING!!! only. The Lumia is without tethering.
Moderators notes: Attempt to by pass profanity filter by abbreviating profanity removed.