I like many users here have had nokia phones through the years and recently bought this phone expecting it to be a serious piece of kit but it has the following issues, although maybe seem small, are possible on nokia's and windows main competitor in the smart phone market the apple iphone. I've only had the phone two weeks but think the following should be looked at on future updates
-tethering, its been said its in the pipeline but the nokia c7 had this capability, yet no sign on the lumia yet
-better audio quality, for a smart phone there needs to be better audio quality, once again the c7 & n95 had better audio quality
-use mp3/wma music files as ringtones and no where not talking the 1mb 40sec rubbish, full mp3/wma music as ringtones as with above the c7 and n95 had this capability
-been able to edit the length of snooze time on the alarm, a predefined 10 mins with no scope to change is not good enough again was on previous nokia phones.
We all understand that this is a difference software platform but like get it together, if you want to tackle the iphones, samsungs make this and other simple changes to make the best phone out there.
A Must & Urgent:
- Battery improvement
- Profiles (Silence, work, etc)
- Bluetooth usage (transfer photos, etc)
- Bring back Nokia Suite, or change Zune to do the same things Nokia Suite does, including the possibility of files transfer and backups locally in the PC
- Ability to transfer more than just contacts from another Nokia Phone
Others, but also Important
- Multiple home screens like N8 so u don't have so you can divide the tiles throughout the other home screens
- Have some sort of notifications when u have a missed call or received a message, even with the phone blocked (i.e. the windows "button" to flash or turn on and off every few seconds like N8)
- Left & Right soft keys in the keyboard, so u don't need to delete the whole work just to change 1 letter
2012-07-20 1:29 - edited 2012-07-20 1:47
-better audio quality, and better sound from 3.5 jack
-better camera preformance and picture/video quality... its really sad that this carl's optic is so bad in lumia 800
this should be repeared first but im afraid about that no new firmware will help im afraid that problem is in this hardware/motherboard/chip and any change like last time with better bass or new camera options will be only little improvement but will not really fix this issues.
So im afraid about covering the problems by software changes/modifying.
MOST URGENT - the ability to personalise your incoming text tone .... you can do it with ringtones so why not with text tones - I would recieve probably 20 or 30 texts to 1 phone call ......
HTML5 is supposed to reduce the need for for flash support, if only web designers would catch up...
In all honesty, how much does flash reduce your browsing experience?
As for music quality, I'm well pleased with the earphones supplied in the box, possibly the best retail provided i have had. The handset itself, well, i'm sure we could all agree it could be alot better.
Camera only has some auto focusing issues when recording hd video, a simple software update should fix it, but i can see why its like it is, trying to perfect a problem that isnt really a problem.
HTML can't do halve the things that you can do with Flash. Even my own simple flash-website can't be duplicated properly in HTML5 (without much concessions). Which I'm NOT willing to make.
It's ludicrous that Adobe enforced interactive web-development upon us for over a decade and suddenly buckles under treat from Apple to abandon this great interactive webtool (which was originally invented by MacroMedia). Especially since there's no proper replacement.
Unlike popular propaganda HTML5 is NOT a full replacement for Flash (yet).
What I would like to see in future Nokia Windows Phones are the things that are currently keeping me on Symbian.
- full 2-way call recording
- local USB syncing (client confidentiality disallows me from using clouds)
- better integration between contacts, calendar and navigation or at least the posibility to change default programs. So that opening an address goes to Nokia drive instead of bingmaps.
- Full bluetooth transfer (I use it regularly to exchange photos taken between phones)
- FM transmitter (my old car has no BT nor aux-input)
- proper multitasking
I do realise that some features wanted are the sole responsibility of Microsoft and therefore Nokia can't do anything about it (e.g. proper multitasking). But others can be solved with an 'app', can't they?
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.
Once your Lumia 800 has been update to the latest firmware (Settings>about>More information, Firmware ending in 12220) You will be able to use the app Nokia Counters which is currently available from Betalabs.
Automatic upload of images to SkyDrive has no other options but to turn it on or off and when on it will use the network connection currently available. This function will however create a downscaled image to upload to SkyDrive. If you want to upload the full image go though Zune on your PC and upload from there to SkyDrive.
Hope this helps,
Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!