Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

WhatsApp doesnt work on 3G or 2G on Lumia 710

Counsellor
Luminato

Re: WhatsApp doesnt work on 3G or 2G on Lumia 710

Whats app is working perfectly on my 710

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikkswest

with wat connection ?? Wifi or normal E or 3g ??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vascowalla

I have a Lumia 800.WhatsApp works fine on 3G. try re installing the app.I had a 710 and it was working fine on it too.
Please use plain text.
salem632

bubica1309 wrote:

problem here,in Croatia (Europe) tmobile... i can send normal msg,but when somebody send me back, always late everytime, so when im texting someone i must be online every second to read, or text will late for like 20 minutes if i turn off whatsapp. its annoying!

Gentlemen,

I have the same problem as bubica1309, has there been a fix yet?

I was previously an SGS2 user, I had 0 issues with whatsapp. I thought the Lumia800 could multitask apps, but in this case I see nothing.

Whatsapp was not designed mainly to work when it's being the main app running. It should work as perfectly fine as it is in the background too.

Would appreciate to have a quick fix to this, not every person out there is using MSN Live Messenger. Just saying.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jits22

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, but its not limited to whatsapp. Its happening with the other applications as well. They dont get  connected to GPRS  in the background. Have to open the app every time to get the details downloaded. Its annoying, because you know you have got a message but are not able to view since the app was not working in the background. 

My battery also dies in 1 hour, on using the app, without any other apps open in parallel.

As suggested by some one got an update from the nokia care centre, but that also doesnt seem to have helped, the issues are still persistent.

Can any one help me with these issues. These are some basic features which are not available. I dont understand what nokia has in offering with the 7.8 update. If these minor issues are not solved this a sheer waste of money.

Thanks & regards

Please use plain text.
salem632

[ Edited ]

Jits22 wrote:

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, but its not limited to whatsapp. Its happening with the other applications as well. They dont get  connected to GPRS  in the background. Have to open the app every time to get the details downloaded. Its annoying, because you know you have got a message but are not able to view since the app was not working in the background. 

My battery also dies in 1 hour, on using the app, without any other apps open in parallel.

As suggested by some one got an update from the nokia care centre, but that also doesnt seem to have helped, the issues are still persistent.

Can any one help me with these issues. These are some basic features which are not available. I dont understand what nokia has in offering with the 7.8 update. If these minor issues are not solved this a sheer waste of money.

Thanks & regards

This is really sad to see for a high potential phone in the market, the UI is very fresh & great compared to what's out in the market, it's such a shame the only reason I can rely on in the phone is emailing, which is the least of my usage compared to Twitter, Whatsapp etc.

NOKIA, could someone please explain to me why we're facing this? Lumia was just recently launched in UAE,  I'm not pleased by making the SGS2 switch to Nokia Lumia800.

I hope to see this fixed ASAP, would appreciate an explanation too on why such thing is happening.

It's enough that we won't be able to update to WP8, which is not a major problem to me as I will most likely get a WP8 phone when it's out, BUT due to such issues which we're addressing here still isn't being fixed, I have high doubts sticking to WP phones & Nokia in General.

Please use plain text.
DeepakDev

Guys i have the same problem. My 710 3rd party applications runs on WiFi but not on 3gor 2g. Eveytime you switch between apps and try to get back to the previous app, it takes the whole connection time again which is irritating. I had a Nokia symbian earlier and a BlackBerry both worked superb on wifi,3g and 2g. Nokia Lumia is really painful. I am a loyal Nokia user since last 13 years and seems like with Lumia they are really deep in **bleep**. If anyone has found the solution for it, please share.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
reevesmks

Re: WhatsApp doesn't work on 3G or 2G on Lumia 710

Hi docbhagat,

I have brought Nokia lumia 710 2-weeks before and facing the same problem with the apps. Whatapps. I do have a 3g on my Vodafone India connection. I have read your solution posted here regarding his issue.

so, could you please share the link where I can find the "nokia's Network Setup App". Your help would really be appreciated.

Regards,

reevesmks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
reevesmks

Hi Tarun,

I have brought Nokia lumia 710 2-weeks before and facing the same problem with the apps. "Whatapps". I do have a 3g on my Vodafone India connection. I have read your solution posted here regarding his issue.

so, could you please share the link where I can find the "nokia's Network Setup App". Your help would really be appreciated.

Regards,

reevesmks

Please use plain text.
LetsClick

I had 2G/3G issue on my lumia 800. It was not at all working.

============
How did I FIX it? Download nokia's Network Setup App. Add a new APN. Enter www in the access point name & leave everything else blank. Restart the phone.
========

Above solution did work for me absolutely fine. My previous version was 7.10.8107.79 firm revision number 1600.3015.8107.12070.

Today I got new version from Nokia Care and now 2G/3G again not working. And I don't find the "Network Setup" app on market place.

What do i do now ? No point for me to use cell without 2G/3G. Need it very badly.

The current OS is 7.10.8773.98 and Firmware revision number is 1750.0805.8773.12220
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikkswest

Vodafone India customers are facing this issue.. I had the same problem. 

The fix Deactivate the Vodafone Live (VL) and activate VMC(Vodafone Mobile connect). Whatsapp wont work wen VL is active on ur SIM.. 

Usually VL and VMC both are active. So deactivate VL and use only VMC. whatsapp will start working.. 

Please use plain text.
LetsClick

I am using Airtel. Is there any solution for Airtel user ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikkswest

Not sure of airtel.. but from what i know MOBILE OFFICE should be active on airtel.. Whatsapp mostly wont  work on Airtel Live.. !!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
heptashish

m also facing the same problem on my vodafone india 2g/3g..
How to fix it...there is no network setup app in marketplace..
N how to enable or disable VL???
Please use plain text.
Advisor
heptashish

I am also facing the same problem on my vodafone india 2g/3g..
How to fix it...there is no network setup app in marketplace..
N how to enable or disable VL???
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nikkswest

call up the customer care to activate or deactivate VL/VMC
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
brijsh

i have lumia 800 ...whatsapp work very slowly on WIFI and hang out many time when typeing..

and why its not work on EDGE like Andriod and other OS

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gabrielgr

[ Edited ]

"Hey guys I had the same problem.initially it worked fine for 4-5 months, then all of a sudden suede earlier this month whatsapp stopped working on 2g or 3g on my Vodafone India connection. It worked fine with WiFi.

How did I FIX it? Download nokia's Network Setup App. Add a new APN. Enter www in the access point name & leave everything else blank. Restart the phone.
That's it. Hope it works for you."

Wow! That's a very strange solution. But it' worked for me. I noticed that my phone stoped to send MMS, but if I add manually the configs for MMS APN in this APN created it's work!

Thanks docbhagat!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BiBala

[ Edited ]

I faced the same issue with Tata docomo on my Lumia 510. Whatsapp works fine with wifi but not with 2G/3G/HSDPA. I found a solution as follows

1. Install Network setup from Marketplace
2. Add a new set of connection settings with same details (APN TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET). I named the connection as TATA DOCOMO2 as already one TATA DOCOMO was existing.

3. Set TATA DOCOMO2 as Current APN.

It helped.

Please use plain text.