Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Where are my profiles?

tinyv

Where are my profiles?

To cut a long story short: I'm using a lumia 800 but I can't find my profiles. 

I know I can go into setting, ringtones and sounds, then toggle to my preference.

The quicker way by pressing the volume key then pressing the onscreen only lets me change from vibrate or vibrate with sound.

Every Nokia I've had in the past I could customize my own profiles or even use some as standard ones - meeting, car, work or something. This was a feature I loved. While on android I had an app that allowed me to do the same by just sliding down the notifications bar. I can not find one for windows.

I am often in an environment where I need my phone on silent, but at times can check it. Followed by being in busy places where I need the tone on and loud.  Its just annoying me that I can't change this easily.

If I'm missing something could someone please let me know. Or if I can write to someone to add this to my phone or at least change the quick access to go to ring and vibrate, vibrate, silent instead of missing the silent off please provide details .

Thank you.

PS new here sorry if this is in the wrong place

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vascowalla

Sorry,there are no profiles in the Nokia Lumia 800 or any other Wp7 phone.However, most of what you have stated can be easily done.To put the phone into 'silence' mode,all you need to do is press the volume rocker and then tap the bar which comes up at the top of the screen.
Please use plain text.
tinyv

i've tried that but i only have the options of vibrate or ring and vibrate. im up to date with software too :s

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ProfJulie

If you go to settings > ringtone and turn off the vibrate mode, then when you press the volume button you can toggle between ring and silent by tapping the icon on the top of the screen. 

But If the vibrate mode is turned on, when you press the volume button you can toggle between ring and vibrate.

Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
tinyv

thank you!!
 thats very helpful.

if i could change between all three that would be me happy.
 or the old custom profiles even better  

Please use plain text.
lixduke

The full PROFILE functionality on the older Nokia phones has been one of the reasons I've stuck with Nokia. I could create my own profiles, attach contact groups to the individual profiles, and also attach the appropriate ringtone to the profiles. I could toggle between the profiles easily and use the most apt profile depending on where I was. Eg, when I was at home, my phone would only ring when contacts in a contact group I had created (Critical Calls) called. For everyone else, the phone would be silent. Does Nokia have any intention of incorporating this functionality any time soon? Else I'll return my newly acquired Lumia 929 which has a great look and feel,and stick to my old faithful E7

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

lixduke wrote:

The full PROFILE functionality on the older Nokia phones has been one of the reasons I've stuck with Nokia. I could create my own profiles, attach contact groups to the individual profiles, and also attach the appropriate ringtone to the profiles. I could toggle between the profiles easily and use the most apt profile depending on where I was. Eg, when I was at home, my phone would only ring when contacts in a contact group I had created (Critical Calls) called. For everyone else, the phone would be silent. Does Nokia have any intention of incorporating this functionality any time soon? Else I'll return my newly acquired Lumia 929 which has a great look and feel,and stick to my old faithful E7

Good post, but slightly inaccurate. Ought to read as follows:

"The full PROFILE functionality in the Symbian Nokia phones" instead of "The full PROFILE functionality on the older Nokia phones"

and also

"Does Microsoft have any intention of incorporating this functionality any time soon" instead of "Does Nokia have any intention of incorporating this functionality any time soon".

In view of the above, THIS is the correct place for requesting the feature.

Please use plain text.
lixduke

I guess I'll have to stick with Symbian phones then until Microsoft have incorporated this feature, Is there a Nokia phone with the physical characteristics of the Lumia 920 that runs the Symbian OS
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

There are no more Symbian phones in development. The last one released was the 808 Pureview. None of the existing ones come close to the Lumia 920 hardware-wise and they are getting more difficult to find by the day. I honestly cannot suggest a Symbian alternative to the 920, even though I own a 808, N8, C7 and until recently also had an E7.

Please use plain text.