Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Where is the Volume bug fix for Lumia 800?

Counsellor
Pexer
Accepted Solution

Where is the Volume bug fix for Lumia 800?

[ Edited ]

Now I really got to ask:

Since the implementation of the "make our customers deaf"-volume bug in 12070 I was convinced that Nokia would almost straight away release a update addressing this.

However: I Haven't seen any information that this is on the way soon...

What's up? Where's the Volume bug fix? Anyone knowing anything about this....????

If this is first in the "Tethering" release "Soon" (in Nokia terms "whenever") I would like to clarify that Tethering is important, but Volume bug fix is Critical!!

I bought my Phone with working Volume, without Tethering.

Now I have a Phone with broken Volume, without Tethering...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nokia has yet to announce when the next update will be released. Generally they don't state what's been fixed until its been released.

Like the rest of us all you can do is wait and see what gets added or fixed. If you find that unacceptable please submit a written complaint to nokia in your country.

Personally I expect the volume issue will have been fixed in next update and I expect it to appear in May.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Pexer

1st of May? 31st of May? Maybe? :smileyvery-happy:
I'm not a lawyer, so writing letters to Nokia wouldn't be the solution I'm looking for here.
I'm surprised that the battery issue caused a million man riot in here while the volume bug is not even a whisper in proportion to that.
Maybe people don't think it's that serious?
Also every now and then, rarely though, Nokia actually read and also respond into posts made in here....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MobileJos

Just got the 12072 update. It fixes the volume bug introduced in 12070.

JosM
Please use plain text.
spaceman2k1

Are non Vodafone user also getting this update?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Pexer

Nice to hear! :smileyhappy:
Hopefully it's available soon for all of us.
However I read on some other site that it didn't solve it...?
What's your carrier? Vodafone au?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
danyeldanes

I just checked and nothing yet for an open line unit like mine in the Philippines. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Pexer

Just updated my phone with 12072 and the Volume Bug is gone! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Good, but should have been faster released...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jaydoe

When will this 12072 fw update, that supposedly fixes this issue, roll out? I have an unlocked phone and I'm living in Spain. I can't believe that this has not been solved yet. Of all the bugs/problems this phone is suffering from (bad sound quality playing music, bad camera etc.) this issue with the volume is by far the worst and it is a SAFETY issue that must be solved ASAP! You basicly have a phone on the market that under unlucky circumstances could damage a user´s hearing and you let people wait for months for a solution. Extremely dissapointing.

Please use plain text.
Freypal

Would also like to know when to expect this. Orange UK branded device on 12070. Zune says up to date.

Seems like a fairly major problem.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

[ Edited ]

It seems to be that this update is being skipped and rolled into the Tango update. I won't give the speculative date but suffice to say it is soon.

Moderator's note; Discussion of alternative/unofficial update methods is not allowed under the forum guidelines.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sachi2112

Hi,

Even i have got this latest 12072 update but still dr is one more bug  guess u have not noticed it. Can u please check and clarify with the following bug description.

1." Connect you nokia handsfree or any headphones to your lumia 800 and make a call and notice that u cannot adjust the volume. Volume remains high (max) always even if you reduce the volume to zero."

2."Connect your hands free or any head set to your lumia 800 play music and reduce the volume to 15 or less now make a call again you cannot adjust the volume of the call. now cut the call and now your music starts playing in max volume which you will not be able to reduce. Until you remove your hands free or headset and reinsert it.

Many of my friends are facing the same problem please do check and post your comments.

Thank you

MobileJos wrote:
Just got the 12072 update. It fixes the volume bug introduced in 12070.

JosM

Please use plain text.
wakalakaboom

its silly that the updates are released sporadically to different regions at different times...thats my main issue with windows phone right now, its june the 6th and i havent even got the update yet!
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeathFromAbove

[ Edited ]

I agree no update for me either. A disgrace. 

Moderator's note; removed untrue and baseless comments.

WP is dead
Please use plain text.
Advisor
spawn3141

Still no update... (Germany)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DVass

The same problem. Still no solution (Russia)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
5000_Bergen

The "headset volume bug" occured in my Nokia Lumia 800 in connection with calls, while still working fine with the Music Player. I got rid of the problem by turning off the "Ease of access" function under the menu "Settings".

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Neil_lumia

I have the same problem,after updating 7.8 my lumia 800's volume got reduced :smileysad: plz do something or i will stop using windows phone i'll go for android as i used before
Please use plain text.
Advisor
LTamas

[ Edited ]

Neil_lumia wrote:
I have the same problem,after updating 7.8 my lumia 800's volume got reduced :smileysad: plz do something or i will stop using windows phone i'll go for android as i used before

There is another thread dedicated to this problem: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Lumia-800-WP-7-8-Audio-Volume-too-Low/td-p/1660448

This issue has nothing to do with the Windows Phone platform, it is completely the fault of Nokia. However, it seems they have no intention to provide help to their customers.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akipoika

I called to Nokia customer service an complained about this volume issue, they said that my contact was the first one by phone about volume issue and they make a ticket.

I ask you guys suffering from this same problem to call Nokia customer service and complain about this so we can get the fix some day without having to buy new phone!!!

Please use plain text.