Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Which account should I use to set up Nokia 822 and...

iloabaz

Which account should I use to set up Nokia 822 and how do I integrate its use with Mac, iOS, and Windows?

Thank you in advance for your help.  

I recently bought the Lumia 822 and set it up under my personal outlook.com account.  I also have two Microsoft 365 Exchange accounts which I synchronized to the phone, in addition to a few gmail accounts used for different purposes.  

I had no problem importing contacts using the Nokia data transfer from my iPhone 4, but had trouble with importing and continuing to syncrhonize the calendar.  With the iPhone, my calendar and contacts were continuously syncrhonized with Outlook 2010 on my PC via iCloud and I could add appointments either place.  With the Lumia, my calendar is not being syncrhonized on my macbook (using Office for Mac 2011) or iCal.  I'm wondering if the problem there is that outlook.com accounts can only be added to the Mac as pop3 accounts, rather than exchange.  Because of the inability to sync those accounts with my mac or iPad, I'm thinking I should reset my phone and use my business account as my Nokia/Microsoft account, since it is an exchange account through Microsoft 365.  Do you think that would work?  I didn't want to do that originally because my 365 account is a yearly license and expensive and I might choose not to renew one year and then be faced with losing everything I've put on my phone.  Any ideas how I should set up my phone so that it syncs with all devices the way the iPhone did?  I had an iphone weekly calendar app which allowed me to add appointments as work, home, for my son, etc.  Very helpful.  I'd like to be able to keep the same categories.

Another problem - all of my contacts are listed under People on the phone, but most of them are not accessible in my car.  How can voice dial not access all my contacts?  Or do you think that is a car issue and I should try to import my contacts again?

Finally, any idea where I can buy a  second battery?  The battery life is very poor (might because I have so many email accounts, but most of them are set to either check manually or every two hours), despite my having read and followed the suggestions in this forum.  

FYI, there are so many things I love about the phone - spellcheck almost as good as the BlackBerry, a screen I can see easily, the ablity to use it with gloves on, the microsd card (still, I wish it came as a 32gb phone), the replaceable battery.  

Thanks again for your help.  I'm thinking I set my phone up wrong and that I should start with scratch using one of my other accounts.  Ideally, I'd like to keep it under my outlook.com account, but not if I can't synchronize the calendar, etc.

Please use plain text.