Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Which is better Lumia 720 or Lumia 820??????

Contributor
sat1992
Accepted Solution

Which is better Lumia 720 or Lumia 820??????

Lumia 820 has 1.5 ghz processor, 1gb ram bt doesn't look cool n around 6k more in price, n Lumia 720 has great look, better camera quality (both primary n secondary)  BUTTTTT jus 512 mb ram, 1 Ghz processor,

so My question is-

1. Is Lumia 720 slow???

2. does Lumia 720 hang or something???

3. Does Lumia 720  lag???

4. Is it worth to buy Lumia 820 which is a little bit costly:confused: Around 6k more in my country)

"I AM NOT A HUGE GAME OR APP FAN BUT I WANT IF I INSTALL ANY APP OR GAME THEN MY MOBILE SHOULDN'T LAG OR HANG."

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: Which is better Lumia 720 or Lumia 820??????

1 The 720 would not be slow.
2 All phones can hang at times so far my lumia experiences are great.
3 Again any phone can lag regardless the processor.
4 I think your best option here is to go into a store where both are available to try out for yourself that way you can feel the experience in person,both models are great and ive suffered no problems.

From owning several lumia devices ive never had any issues apart from a minor fault,other than that they are a great fast fluid product and look great.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sat1992

Thanks for your solution, i get that Lumia 720 is good for now but what about future??? don't u think in 6 month or a year apps n games would require more RAM like 1 gb??? I want  mobile for atleast 2 or 3 years......

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i agree with what Jimmy has said, and also the fact that some developers may step up to the plate and release updates of their games that are more optimised. a recent example is Gameloft who has updated Asphalt 7 so it is able to be played on devices with 512MB ram. Hopefully Gameloft do the same with say, Batman and Modern Combat 4, as well as Imanji with Temple Run.

But really, apart from those games, there are plenty of games that run well on 512MB devices such as the 720. i think that you won't find the RAM problem as big as it may appear to some people, and it should last you more than a few years, that phone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sat1992

ok thanks just last doubt can u make the list of most popular games and important apps which wouldn't work on Lumia 720 but lumia 820?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

its only games that are the issue with the 1GB/512MB of RAM difference.i think Spiderman, Batman, Modern Combat 4 and Temple Run are the only apps that need 1GB of RAM to run.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dudeblore

Guys, I am planning to change my phone soon. i am using Nokia E6 for last two years and confotable with its performance. Though I had a bitter experience (you can read my experience HERE) at the begginning, it never came back after rectification done at nokia care. I am happy with its performance now. However, since it has a small screen, sometimes i feel difficult to select a link with finger while surfing through internet. That is the reason i am looking for a new one with bigger screen size. I was actually looking for Lumia 820 or 720 for which I am still confused to decide one. Request the experts to help me to select one. Which is better for my moderate use? i am using my phone mainly for calls, emails, photos and web browsing. I am not curious about games, music etc... Please help me to chose one.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
xrashedx

Choose Nokia Lumia 820 because it has 1 GB RAM , all phone which have 512 RAM are died and it never improved.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dudeblore

[ Edited ]

I went and Picked Lumia 820 just because of its edge over 720 with the increased RAM and processor speed. I love my phone.... Love Lumia 820. Hmmm... but Camera, could have been bit better. 8MP with carlzeiss lense...:smileymad: should give much better picture.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dudeblore

I have a doubt, That day I enquired with three dealer (in Bangalore) and got 3 different price for Lumia 820. The following are the quote received.

Sangeetha - 24000 INR

Nokia Priority Dealer - 23000 INR

HS18.com - 20250 INR (my friend refered a coupon for this amount)

Finally I went to Nokia Priority dealer and purchased it as I wasn't confident on the onlinr deal.

My question is, How a branded product can be sold for huge difference like this? Aren't they (Nokia) aware of this? Aren't they inform their dealers well in advance on the price-cut? How online store can give a branded item slashing 10% price difference when comparing with its own brand store?

Please use plain text.
Sage
songoku777

both are good phones. each one is better than the other depending on use. as mentioned, if you're not into games and apps with insatiable need for ram, lumia 720 is the best value for money among other lumia models.
Please use plain text.
1artist

I think this will come a bit late but anyway,

I was struggling the same questin too and my choise was 720 because:

+better battery

+better looks

+better camera

+I do not need 4G

+No need for 1Gb RAM

+gorilla glass

The 720 is fine, no lagging or whatsoever, everything works as intended. I love the super battery as I do not play or surf too much.

Often people just choose the latest model number as if they think it will be automatically better / more sophisticated. But Lumias are really a choise for your your needs.

Please use plain text.
Sage
songoku777

on most websites.. the 720 gets a bit of a higher user rating. i reckon since price of the unit per advantage / benefit is a bit more.
Please use plain text.