Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Which mobile to choose... Lumia 520 or 620...?

babbu321
Accepted Solution

Which mobile to choose... Lumia 520 or 620...?

I am ready to buy any one of these two mobiles. Buying 620 is a bit burden on me, but I can manage. Now, I'm baffled to buy any one of these two. My main purpose is that I need a smart phone with Music, camera and a long battery life as I will be chatting for most of the time. Video chat is still now so aggressive from my side as of now. But, I don't know that the front cam in 620 is costing that much compared to 520.

Even, I don't have any idea of how aggressively I use NFC. 

I wanted to have a better one out of these two. I'm interested in 620, but the price, scratch proof glass, battery life in 520 are pulling me back.

Going for 620 leaving 520 is worth it...?

Vamsi Lanka
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

I've had both models and personally prefer the 520 as it looks and feels like more of a premium product to me. The lack of a front camera does make it unsuitable for video chatting. I've yet to find an essential use for NFC either, it's more of a novelty feature to me.

Both phones take good pictures in daylight but the 620 is better in lower light as it has a flash, it can also be used as a torch. I find the 520 easier for typing on as it's screen is slightly larger.

So really you have to personally decide which features are more important to you as both are good phones.
Please use plain text.
babbu321

Thank you so much "psychomania"..
4000 rupees is what I was thinking about whether 620 worth than 520, moreover the features...
Few of my friends are suggesting for 620, but budget is a bit problem for me and even the features wise, I don't want to have any downtime when it is required. Other than Price wise, is 520 is anyways better than 620..?

Vamsi Lanka
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Both are better than each other in some things, it's impossible to say which is the best as different people have different opinions. If the 520 is within your budget and it's features suit your needs I suggest you get that model, if not then I suggest you spend more for the 620.

Please use plain text.
babbu321

So, there is nothing wrong in putting money on 620 even after looking at 520...!

can I conclude this from your words...?

Vamsi Lanka
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nothing wrong at all, both are great all round value smartphones. I'd be happy with either one.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Same here, my partner has a 620 and all (except the white one) of the different-coloured shells that you can get for that device, and it looks awesome in just about every colour. Is a zippy little device, and i echo the sentiment of what Psychomania has said, for now, there is not really a big case use for NFC (i bought some tags and stuck them around the house but have not even used them since the few times i did on the day i bought them).

for your needs, i'd save the money and go for the 520 as you get a larger screen and a better design, but you can't go wrong with either.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
boarderguy

Personally i have a 520....the screen is taller but the 620 has a wider screen....bit of a "square screen" as it were. If your a person who takes pics when your out then go for the 620....but personally i only take pics in the day so the 520 is suited....the NFC....dont care about that...dont like the idea i could lose my phone only for someone to pick it up and go shopping within minutes of losing it.
Please use plain text.