Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Wifi and Marketplace not working on Lumia 610

FerdiaMooney

Wifi and Marketplace not working on Lumia 610

[ Edited ]

Hi,

So as the title suggests, my wifi and marketplace aren't working on my Lumia 610.

I have it maybe two months, and just today the Wifi stopped working. Laptops, other smartphones and an iPod are all connecting to the modem just fine. Just my phone. It also keeps telling me my internet password is wrong, when it's not. 

Googled for hours to find a solution, tried everything, nothing worked.

Finally, on Nokia's website, I believe, it told me to try resetting my phone. Did it. 

Still not working. Now I'm getting the error code: 805a0193 in the marketplace, so now I can't download any apps.

I had literally done NOTHING to the phone, this just started out of nowhere.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm in Ireland, if it helps.

Thanks,

Ferdia.

EDIT: Now it won't even sync with Zune

Please use plain text.
GSMum

My son has the exact same problem on his 610.  Did you get it sorted and if so how?  Its driving me crazy.  Saw a Nokia expert today in Vodafone who says you now need a hotmail account for Windows phones or computers or xbox live.  He has xbox live and it still wont work!!

Anybody please help.

Frustrated mum

Please use plain text.
GSMum

OK now sorted.

You dont need to add a hotmail account or anything else.

Just take it to your nearest Nokia centre.  Mine was 20 mins away.  Leave it there for an hour and they wipe the phone and do a software update and then it works perfectly with new apps!!!

Just one point.  Make sure you have backed up all your personal data (phone numbers, music, photos games etc) before hand.  Either on Zune or somewhere else as this does wipe everything off your phone.

It is a free service if your phone is under 12 months old.

All the Nokia service/repair shops are on here and there are loads of them up and down the UK.

Not so stressed out mum!

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Actually, you can reset your phone on your own so there is no need to go to your Nokia Care only to reset your phone. Resetting won't void warranty too.
You can reset your phone by going to Settings - About - Reset Your Phone and resetting may solve your issue.

At the same time, you can ask for help in this website to chat with the Windows Phone team so they can (hopefully) help you on this issue.
https://gethelp.live.com
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.