Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Windows 7.8 Lumia 800

Joe_Suwail

Windows 7.8 Lumia 800

I still haven't received my windows phone 7.8 update on my Lumia 800 (o2-UK network), zune detects no new updates as well as my phone... what to do?!?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

What you can do is use the forum search function to find THIS

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
danantvin075

Hi Joe,

As a recent convert from HTC Andriod I too feel your frustrations. My Lumia 800 is still to update to 7.8. As a newbie to Nokia on a Windows I'm still unsure about the role my firmware plays in the upgrade process. My firmware is xxxx.12220. The postings by Nokia are very ambiguous at best.

I'm genuinely disappointing Nokia's update roll-out method. Nobody from Nokia can seem to explain when I'll or even if I'll get the update.

I like everything about this mobile apart from the atrocious customers service from Nokia.

VERY FRUSTRATING NOKIA!!! Do you honestly wonder why users are walking away?

Unbranded, open network L800 running on the Optus network in Australia.

o.s 8773.98
firmware 12220
Please use plain text.
Contributor
danantvin075

UPDATE!!!! NETWORK DISCONNECT DID EVENTUALLY WORK FOR ME

Ok, So I've i read all the instructions on how to do this but if you try it use the disconnect time as a guide only. You will have to find your own "sweet spot" time wise.....

Heres what I now know.

1/ this method all depends on your internet up/down speeds. My personal internet connection is wireless and bounces anywhere from 9.65 Mbps to 21Mbps. This to me seemed to be to unstable for such a precise "timed" method. 

2/ Tried this at work where I know we have high download speeds and capped upload speeds. The magical number for me was 10 seconds, not 9 not 11 but smack on 10 seconds.

3/If you see the "no internet connection" error increase your diconnect time by 1 second and keep working with that method till it works. It can take some time, I started at 1 second and kept moving forward from there until finally at the 10 second mark I got the update advice. 

4/ I had to do this a number of times. From 7.5 (8773) theres 3 updates... you guessed it.

update 1 was acheived at 10 seconds, update 2 at 10 seconds and the final update to 7.8 took 3 attempts and finally landed at 11 seconds.

ITS A BLOODY JOKE THAT WE HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAS BUT IT DOES WORK IF YOU HAVE THE PATIENCE 

Please use plain text.