Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Windows 7 computer crashes when connecting lum...

Counsellor

Windows 7 computer crashes when connecting lumia 920 with usb cale

Every time I try to connect my mobil lumia 920 to my computer running w7 the computer crashes. Earlier it did not do so when connecting, however crashed when removing the usb cable. Anyone experienced something like this?

at the same time I want to add that it did not seem to be any option to securely disconnect the mobil device from the computer. Should'nt it be?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Windows 7 computer crashes when connecting lumia 920 with usb cale

No such issues with my Nokia Lumia 920 and PC with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit . And it gives 'Safely remove hardware' option ..Not sure whats causing this in your case, but is your Windows 7 upto date ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Well, the only difference is that I am running Windows 7 - 64-bit Professional.

I have done a system-resetting to before the installation of Windows-phone, however I have not re-tested the mobil device connection yet.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
racso

I have the same thing: after removing the USB connector from my 64-bit Windows 7 Professional computer, the computer crashes. Using the 'safely remove hardware' feature does not make a difference. The computer freezes, the hard disk becomes fully occupied for several minutes and the CPU goes to 100%. After 4 or 5 minutes, gradually the CPU comes down and I can start to use the computer again.

Please use plain text.