Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Windows Live ID -service is currently unavailable

Contributor
mikkis_

Windows Live ID -service is currently unavailable

For a couple of days now, I haven't been able to update or install any apps from the Marketplace, since I've started to get this error: "Windows Live ID -service is unavailable right now. Please try again later" (translated from originally Finnish message).

It has worked just fine earlier. Network is OK and pretty much everything else is working. Any idea what could be wrong?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Windows Live ID -service is currently unavailable

H mikkis_,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the Nokia Discussion forums.  

There are a few things you can try to resolve this error. Please make sure all you creditals are correct.

Also try to go to your mail accounts in, Settings - edit your windows live password and re-enter it,  click on the check to save it. 

Hopefully this should resolve it if not please get back to me on this thread!

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikkis_

[ Edited ]

Thank you Raoul for a quick reply. Seemed like a good advice, but didn't help.

When I changed tthe password to some bogus text, it still went to "syncronizing..." and nothing. It doesn't give any error about wrong password. And of course changed it back. No response what so ever. Could there actually be something wrong with the Windows Live ID service in Finland?

I'm using Lumia 800 with firmware version 1600.2479.7740.11451 and OS version 7.10.7740.16.

mikkis

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

[ Edited ]

Hi Mikkis_

Sorry to hear that!

There potentially could be something wrong with the servers but when you are getting this error are you also getting an error code?

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Also is your live I.D linked with any other account such as you XBOX live account or your hotmail or msn?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikkis_

No code, just text.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikkis_

Unfortunately this issue hasn't gone anywhere. Does anyone else have the same issue? Currently I can't do any updates or install ew apps from the Marketplace.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi

Is your live I.D linked with any other account such as you XBOX live account or your hotmail or msn?

Are you able to log into those?

Regards

Raoul_Duke

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amir_zub

same problem is being faced by me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

[ Edited ]

Is this on a WiFi connection or 3G?

I had this issue last week when my 3G connection failed

It sounds like it could be a Data connection issue

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Prateik

I'm also getting the same error without any error code. I'm able to use the hotmail account but not the marketplace. tried searching internet for the solution and I end up here.

I'm from India and using lumia 710

Appreciate quick solution from Nokia

thanks

Prateik

Please use plain text.
Laurensteer

I am also having this problem when trying to download applications through the marketplace on 3g. Is there a solution yet?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Laurensteer, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

The error you are receiving is a report from the LiveID service and not related to the Lumia itself. If you encounter continuous problems contacting the service is may be best to contact Windows Live support directly for assistance.

Let us know if you have any further questions

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Noor_Rahmaniac

hi fren...im noor from malaysia...

im using nokia lumia 610..

not even 1 month bought d phone

im having the same problem...

window live id service is unavailable at the moment. try again later..

more then 2 weeks having d same msges...

wen i call my phone network centre..they said...

its not about d network...

but i can update or download with wifi connection at outside..

at home i need to use network connection...

all the time i update or download...same error...wats d solution for d error...any setting..

i have re-type my password..

no use

any other solution?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhi_botts

I am facing the same problem since last 4 days. I have used comfortably used Lumia 800 for 5 months but not able to surf internet or download/update applications from marketplace.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kulkarnisanjay

Even I have faced this issue.

I have seen this when I'm on 3g connection. When I connect to wifi everything works fine. BTW i use straight talk in US as service provider if it helps you in any which ways.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
idr3000

I had same issue for 3 days straight on my lumia 710. i finally solved it by simply connect your phone to pc or laptop and  sign in Zune, then on your phone, click marketplace and it will autosync complete. then disconnect the phone and go to marketplace and you should now be able to install apps like before.

Please use plain text.
Audriuza

The same problem with my other phone Nokia Lumia 610 - I just bought it. First time I tried to connect to my live id and it shows: window live id service is unavailable at the moment. try again later...
Anything doesn't help.

My Lumia 800 that I bought 3 months earlier - works fine.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
achillesveera

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am using a lumia 610 mobile. from past 2 days I am getting same error "The Windows Live Id service is unavailable at the moment. Try again later." Even my facebook chat is giving a error msg "Cant connect to see who's online." Please give a solution to this....

Veera.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jalaj123

I have the same problem, except that ive just used a 2g sim of 'bsnl' in india....anyone please hellpp...without marketplace lumia 610 is a just a useless handset
Please use plain text.