I was reading the Lumia 920 User Manual and i saw this feature on WP8
Use your phone with ease
Struggling with small text or blurry images? Make the fonts larger and the screen easier to view.
1. On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings.
2. Tap ease of access.
Change the font size
Drag the Text size slider
Is there any chance that the WP7.8 update have this feature too?
its very important to the usabilly,specially for older people
Solved! Go to Solution.
According to a blog on engadget this is not the official rollout. Apparently Nokia have said what is appearing at the moment is for testing purposes only. It is rather confusing to me though how some normal users have apparently been able to upgrade through Zune if not an official release. Sounds to me like someone has made it publically available when it was not supposed to have been.
Would Nokia like to comment?
2013-01-18 19:56 - edited 2013-01-18 19:56
Sure.. Use the forum search function to find many ideas..
Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
2013-02-11 12:01 - last edited on 2013-02-11 12:05 by emilygreen
You can still update your lumia phones to windows 7.8 even if the notification doesnt appear. I updated my lumia 800 to 7.8 two days back. I am from India. Here are the steps
1. Switch off the data connection and Wifi in your phone.
2. Connect to your phone to PC using zune software.
3. In zune, go to phone settings and ckick on update.
4. Zune will show "checking for updates". Now here is the trick. When it is showing 'checking for updates',
then after 6 seconds(time can change based on your network speed), disconnect your PC from intenet connectiion. If you are lucky, you will get a notification saying that an update is available.
5. Now again connect to your PC to internet. Then click on that update button which appeared in the last step .
6.The phone will get updated with the new update.(It may not be the windows 7.8 update)
7.Now again repeat the same process from step 2 to fetch more updates.
8. On total, you need to do 3 updates inorder to get the windows 7.8 .
1. Normally when you click on update , after 10-20 seconds , it will notify that your phone is up to date.
2. So timing is the key here. Disconnect your PC from internet before that 'phone is up to date' message is shown.
3. Try this many times until it is successful. Be patient.
4. In most cases , youy will get either 'phone is upto date' message or' please check your connection' message.
5. Try until ,you get notification saying that an update is available.
It will work 100%.
Please let me know if you are successful .
Moderator note: Personal information are not allowed on this Forum. (email address removed)