Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Would like to see some great symbian stuff in ...

Advisor
muneebma

Would like to see some great symbian stuff in Lumia 920

All fellow Nokia fans,

I switched to Lumia 920 from dependable Nokia E7. I miss some great features available in E7. If nokia is listening, please do something to include following features in Lumia 920.

1. Synchronize map favrourites from OVI to Nokia Drive.

2.  Calling numbers directly from SMS text or skype. Provide active links to numbers.

3.  Improve on battery life. E7 battery could last for 3 days wtyh average activity. Lumia 920 battery lasts for a day with average activity.

4.  Call history to be sepeated for outgoing, incoming and missed calls. Only one entry for a number in the history.

Please use plain text.
Sage
N8one

Re: Would like to see some great symbian stuff in Lumia 920

Hi there,

Im afraid most of what you have listed are limitations in the operating system by microsoft.

You can call a number directly from SMS by tapping the name at the top of the thread, however, this will not help if you have more than 1 mobile number per contact.

Windows phone is not compatible with OVI im afraid, so no go there.

I am seeing more and more people that are able to get around 2 days battery performance from the 920, provided the correct conditioning of the battery is done, there is a thread lower in the list that explains how to do this.

The call history lists all calls and states missed, outgoing and incoming calls, but again the OS does not allow you to filter this list.

These are not really things nokia will have the ability to change. You will fair better on the Microsoft suggestions forum, seems they do take notice and a number of suggestions have been implemented into WP8 that were not available on WP7/ WP7.5.

Hope you enjoy your 920, despite these minor issues its a cracking piece of kit! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

muneebma wrote:

1. Synchronize map favrourites from OVI to Nokia Drive.

It is already possible to sync favourites with Nokia Maps but not Nokia Drive. You can still use there favourites from Nokia Maps and start navigation from there.

2.  Calling numbers directly from SMS text or skype. Provide active links to numbers.

Feature sugestions should be directed to Microsoft using this link

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

3.  Improve on battery life. E7 battery could last for 3 days wtyh average activity. Lumia 920 battery lasts for a day with average activity.

I am getting 2-3 days with my Lumia 920. Have you looked at your setting to disable any services you don;t normally require?

4.  Call history to be sepeated for outgoing, incoming and missed calls. Only one entry for a number in the history.

Feature sugestions should be directed to Microsoft using this link

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Please use plain text.
Advisor
isaacsaudi

yes , these features shall be provided all the good things of symbian are not shown 

on lumia 920.

hope WP8 make improvements for their incompete system

Nokia really did the best for the phone, the only thing is the OS defects

LOVe Nokia 

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

Things are improving. There will be a way to reject a call with a SMS, delete multiple SMS instead of one by one and save draft SMS soon. I know these are old hat in Symbian but WP is still a young OS so give it time.

Please use plain text.