Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Wrong Battery Installed!.

Advisor
Gonemad1

Wrong Battery Installed!.

[ Edited ]

Ok i have a mate who's an electronics developer & engineer, he's worked for sony & sony ericsson in the past, but is currently working at Virgin Galactic. Anyway, we've been discussing this phone & a few of the problems with it that have been highlighted on this forum.
Mainly to do with the power issues most of you are experiencing, he's done some maths (which i won't bore you all with), but the long & short of it is that he's feels fairly confident Nokia have installed the wrong size battery in this handset, a 3.8v 1450mAh Li-Ion we believe!. 

He's based his equations on the basis of the Se w995 which he helped design & develop which uses a 1500mAh battery, Now he's taken into account the Lumia's Amoled screen size (roughly 4 x the size that of the w995), & the fact that the Amoled screen theorectically consumes 20% less power than tft/lcd of equal size, but has concluded would draw 328% more power than the SE' does!. Couple this with the always operating window OS, compared to SE own call to demand symbian & java based OS of the w995 - he calculates power comsumption to be at least 115% more & above that of the w995 in standby.
He used the w995 as a comparison because the hardware features are fairly similar (excluding phone size & touch screen), ie wifi, bluetooth & network connectivity etc!. 
In a nutshell, he figures to match a phone such as the w995 in a 36 hour standard use & energy performance + overall longevity - the battery needs to be at least a 3.7v 2450mAh high capacity, which i've just checked out & is equal to that of the iphones etc.
Basically i guess from this... software upgrades of any kind aren't going to improve your phones vast power consumptions by very much at all. What's really needed, & what you all really need to demand from Nokia is a battery upgrade for your handsets!.
I hope you all get this sorted!.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gonemad1

[ Edited ]

See its reappeared then!.:smileyvery-happy:

Sadly i expect there not enough space left inside the handset to fit the larger 2450mAh!.
What to do eh!.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

If you read around a few tech sites you will see that the battery prob has been sorted in a new firmware.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gonemad1

Be nice for customers if you're right!. 

Hope it's not at the cost of the battery's life span though!.

Might end up buying one for myself after all then if feedback remains positive.

Please use plain text.
Sage
newneotoo

I've configured 5 Lumia's for friends and to a man and woman they love the phone, no gripes at all. Don't forget here you will find nothing but problems because that's the nature of the beast in a support forum.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

The Battery in the SE W995 is only a 930mAh as standard. not 1500mAh

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LumiaRich

Iphone only has a 1420mAh battery i believe, NOT a 2400mAh as op suggests.:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gonemad1

If it's wrong then it's wrong. Won't argue about it!. Don't shoot the messenger!.
Have a go at the bloke who no longer works for Sony Ericsson if ya can, who happens to be not anywhere near here!.
After all i was only trying to help!.:smileyindifferent:
Pretty sure when i checked out info on the 2450mAh, i read was used in iphones though!.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

iPhone 4S battery is  Li-Po 1432 mAh and I am not surprised your friend is in hiding. :smileyvery-happy: 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gonemad1

[ Edited ]

I almost find myself wanting to "Like" your comment!.:smileyembarrassed: 
And here's me complaining to the the Mods earlier about removing my post.... should've kept my damn mouth shut!.

Hindsight eh!, a wonderful it is!.

[Edited]

Just returned my texted & says the 1500 mAh is the high capacity battery for heavy media use on the w995, as too is the 2450mAh for heavy media use in smart phones!. Apparently not stock, but an additional purchase in most countries.
So i guess the point he was making is 'if the battery in the Lumia wasn't/isn't doing the job, & it wasn't a software issue causing it - then the 2450mAh would more than likely solve it!.

Make of that whatever you will.... 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

No harm done. Just make sure you apologize to the mods and send them a box of Cadburys Roses. I know they all seem to have butch names but I happen to know they are a sensitive bunch. :smileywink: You know what they say about guys with big cars/phones/names and all that. :smileyvery-happy:

The Lumia battery isn't all that bad. I have a bunch of smartphones of various brands. They all last between 2-4 days for me. The Lumia is neither the best nor the worst, but it is by far the classiest looking phone (apart from the N9).

Get one and surprise yourself. Any problems, ask us and not that so called friend. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Gonemad1

Might even spend a few pence more & splash out on a box of Heroes!.:heart:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I wouldn't go quite that far. They've got big enough heads as it is. :smileyvery-happy: The Cadburys Roses will be more that sufficient. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.