Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Youtube videos not playing in lumia 710

Advisor
srivas
Accepted Solution

Youtube videos not playing in lumia 710

Hello all,

I am having 2g airtel connection in my mobile. If i open any youtube videos, its saying "SORRY, CANT PLAY THIS FILE ON YOUR PHONE". am i need to install anything other than youtube app?? already am having Youtube applicaiton?? Please help me

thanks

srinivasan

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi

This could be down to your internet connection, have you tried it with a WiFi connection?
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
srivas

[ Edited ]

Hi am not having WI-FI. Does it mean that youtube videos will play only with wi-fi connection in lumia 710??. yes, sometimes my 2g is slow i accept. is there any other solution can u suggest for this??

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

No youtube doesn't only play on a WiFi connection but in order to establish whether there is an issue with your phone or connection it would be handy if you can test your device with a WiFi connection. I suspect the reason why your youtube isn't working is down to your 2G connection as 3G is recommend for streaming of the internet.
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
srivas

oh. ok . but i dont have wi-fi. I have seen some solution like"RESET PHONE" option. but i have some apps and contacts. so i cant do that now. What u mean by problem with the phone?? am i need to download any flash players or files that supports video??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srivas

If i dont have wi-fi means wt i can do?? please suggest me some thing boss!!! to resolve this Youtube issue.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

srivas wrote:

If i dont have wi-fi means wt i can do?? please suggest me some thing boss!!! to resolve this Youtube issue.

In order to stream YouTube videos you will need a 3G data plan or a Wi-Fi connection. You won't be able to stream via a 2G connection. So your only solution is to get a 3G data plan or a Wi-Fi router and broadband package.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srivas

hey even in normal phones we can see videos using 2g connection?? there is no need for 3g. This sounds strange for me :smileysad: even 2g is slow, we can stream in normal phones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gauravdaroch

[ Edited ]

i am having lumia 800 and using wifi network and facing the same problem and same error msg,plz help

facing the same problem in METROTUBE or any other way i try 2 stream move of any quality.. plz reply with solution waiting....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
srivas

hello boss,

Is your other applications connecting fast with wi-fi apart from youtube ?? if yes means, i think there is some problem in ur phone and i have seen some posts to reset the phone. This is one option but am not sure whether it will work or not. If no means,  surely its because of net speed. because still am facing this problem. if we have good reception its playing , else its saying "NOT SUPPORTED IN YOUR PHONE" . still facing this issue... :smileysad:  if u found any solution just let me know. These are all the informations, i have collected and shared with u.

Thanks

srinvasan

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gauravdaroch

thanx for ur help .. i'll teset and let u knw.. but where are these nokia tech support people.. why arent they replyng..

its really a sorry state

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

gauravdaroch wrote:

thanx for ur help .. i'll teset and let u knw.. but where are these nokia tech support people.. why arent they replyng..

Have you contacted Nokia Support directly ? This is a user-to-user only forum so you will not receive a response from Nokia Support here, you need to contact them direct. Use the link at the bottom of the page.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vipul_patel

i got the solution

data connection doesnt matter i think. 2G or 3G

other normal phones play youtube video with 2G data plan but window phone facing problem

i think it happens due to web browser  even if u use uc browser

if u want to play youtube video simply download  youtube browser its available in marketplace and its free

then after you are able to play youtube video

its work 101%

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vipul_patel

directly open the youtube browser
no need to go to the site
u can see all the videos in youtube browser
Please use plain text.
love2play

Solved > Re: Youtube videos not playing in lumia 710

[ Edited ]

Download & install (YouTube HD "Idea Creator....") from STORE if you are using Lumia 520 or greater.... after playing one video you can uninstall that app. (after: original Youtube will still say that you need flash but press one time again to see the video and it will work fine=))))

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phone5

same problem through wifi also...it starts to play the video in youtube after few minutes it shows like "sorry i cant play this video file"

Please use plain text.