Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Zune Music

Sage
N8one

Zune Music

I realise this isnt specific to nokia however,

Has anyone come accross zune music pass?

Ok lets start with the bad side, i dont own this music and if i ever cancel my sub, i cant ever listen to it again, money down the toilet, however...

It costs £8.99 per month. I usually buy on average 1 album per month at around £10.00, sometimes more.

I got a free 14 day trial of this service so thought what the hell. Just scoured around for all the old tracks i no longer have and wanted and have spent an hour downloading almost 200 songs.

These 200 songs would have cost me the equivelent of the next 2 years subsciption to the zune service, so for the the next 2 years every song i download is effectively cost me nothing!

This is potentially thousands of songs (and there are plenty more from old tracks i still want) I am now going to get free of charge!

"But i dont own them!" As long as i keep the sub up (again this is less than i would usually pay through itunes for 1 album) i do own them.

My god is this not the best value service i have ever had! Yes there are restrictions- i cant copy to a CD (who still uses CD?) But i really think this is a fantastic service! 

Some artists are missing, i cant get any led zeplin, but as far as value goes this is nigh on unbeatable. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
TheBigM

Re: Zune Music

I've had Zune music for almost a year. Zune Music Pass is good value. If you buy an annual pass it is cheaper than paying monthly. £89.90 for 12 months works out to basically £7.50 per month which is cheaper than most subscription services AFAIK.

You can use the Zune Music Pass on your phone, your PC and your TV (via XBox 360) - the main places you want it. One really good feature is Smart DJ. If you tell it some artists and over time, tell Zune what music you like and don't like (using the hearts system), then use the Smart DJ feature to let Zune make playlists for you. It will use your music library to do this based on the initial artist you told it BUT if you have the zune pass then it will also include music outside of your library - a great way to discover new music but tailored to your taste.

WIth subscription music, my thinking is: I do not intend to suddenly stop listening to music at some point in my life. I am always going to want to listen to new music and would be paying for it. Thus, I may as well use a subscription service where I have access to almost all music in the world.
Please use plain text.