Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

access internet on pc via lumia 710

Contributor
dharmendra047ch
Accepted Solution

access internet on pc via lumia 710

how can i access internet on pc via lumia 710

and can i transfer files other than music files on lumia 710

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JCinMijas

Re: access internet on pc via lumia 710

The current firmware on your Lumia 710 doesn't allow for internet tethering and also not possible via USB connection. Maybe in a future software update yes. With regards to transferring files, you can sync music, picture, video and podcast files via Zune, for any other file type, you can use Skydrive for that purpose. This is also the best solution for now, unless you fancy using Dropbox which is what I personally use. Install BoxFiles for Dropbox - quite efficient.

If this post has in anyway helped you, help others here in the community by clicking on the white star here on the right and if appropriate - "also accept as solution"  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xnizalx

The current firmware on your Lumia 710 doesn't allow for internet tethering and also not possible via USB connection. Maybe in a future software update yes. By waiting maybe in a future, I just sold already my Lumia 710. For me Phone Modem is one of most important phone features. I really regrets and headache bought this Lumia 710. Now, I just switch back using my Samsung Galaxy Y to use wifi tethering and USB internet PC connection to make me keep online on PC big screen. Imagine Samsung Galaxy Y only RM4xx much more valuable than Nokia Lumia 710 with RM9XX. Think about it!

Please use plain text.
sakiremo

Dear sir,

Here appolgize first.the nokia lumia 710 was a best branding phone.unfortunately there was some process are unable to use by users,but nokia will surely give better solution for these kind of problem by updating the version,nokia can do anything for customer satisfaction.u look at in symbian devices we provided symbian and thenm symbian anna now symbian belle OS now running on that same devices.so surely in future sw updation will clear maximum of de merits which are mentioned by all nokia lumia users.keep on supporting us and ur valuable feed back grownup us.

br

Satheesh Kumar

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xnizalx

Better next time Nokia should alert this issues to keep away users from selling back thier Lumia.

http://www.mudah.my/li?fs=1&ca=8_s&th=1&q=nokia+lumia+800&cg=3020&w=3  Lumia 800

http://www.mudah.my/li?fs=1&ca=8_s&th=1&q=nokia+lumia+710&cg=0&w=3 Lumia 710

Make it useful device before sell to ppl out there. Update also must As Soon As Possible.

Nokia should be careful all this thing and never make mistake again or Samsung will take over on the top of all.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RockEviltwin

The Nokia Lumia 610 and 900 will have tethering immediatly when launched. The Lumia 710 and 800 will get it via update soon according to Nokia:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/16/2877393/nokia-lumia-610-710-800-tethering-update

Please use plain text.
burriritu

lumia 710 is worst phone. all compatibility issues. i used n8 which is better in all respects.  i also used htc wildfire, its software is so user freindly that anu one can easily understand. don;t purchase this lumia 710. go for an best android phone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sarpongster

Yeah, I was using N97 and thought Lumia 710 would do "magic things" for me.... I just realised that the Lumia 710 is sooooooo inferior. I can't sync my calender or contacts in outlook, I can't even connect my PC to the internet via my Lumia, I can't even browse my lumia to use office files on it.... Nokia what happened?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi Sarpongster,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

You can sync contacts and calendar between your Lumia 710 and outlook. You can find instructions on how to set this up in this article. Wi-Fi tethering will be available in the update which will be available in the near future. Windows Phone supports Office documents through the Microsoft Office app. You can either share documents through SkyDrive, attach them to a mail or use Office 365 which is also supported by Windows Phone.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Prashant145

Use internet sharing option available in settings
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anish2012

Internet sharing is for laptops but what we have to do for our desktop.....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mukeshnamdev

Its(Lumia 710) very nonsense device i ever seen. No internet sharing, WhtsApp not working, very bad e-Mail support, bad user interface, unable to connect with PC, and many more, i want to get back my money but nothing can be done. many times i have written to Nokia but No reply. i have lost Rs. 16500.

what you people can do for me please tell me can you buy back this phone.

even cheap phone is better than this. please stop selling this product in market.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Ricky07

If you are already using the latest software for your phone wherein the wifi tethering is already available, we may have to use a wifi receiver for desktops. You can try to ask for it to your local electronics store. 

If you think this post is helpful, please click the white star below.
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

mukeshnamdev wrote:

Its(Lumia 710) very nonsense device i ever seen. No internet sharing, WhtsApp not working, very bad e-Mail support, bad user interface, unable to connect with PC, and many more, i want to get back my money but nothing can be done. many times i have written to Nokia but No reply. i have lost Rs. 16500.

what you people can do for me please tell me can you buy back this phone.

even cheap phone is better than this. please stop selling this product in market.

If you would like to give more details about the specific problems that you have encountered, our community may be able to help you to solve them. If you want to return the phone, you would need to discuss that with the retailer from whom you bought it.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ravibhalekar123

Tell we about wifi receiver for desktops. We ignorance about.
Thank in advance.
Please use plain text.
atul10

Access internet on pc via lumia 710

This is must required feature I think nokai to provide this feature as soon as possible . Internet Sharing (wifi tethering) for the Nokia Lumia 710 is coming with the next firmware update that is currently undergoing testing at Nokia. But do from Nokia will tell when this is expected.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

@ravibhalekar123

Hi! Not really familiar with stores that sells this but you can try to check for USB Wireless Adapters on the internet. Surely they can provide you online and retails stores in your area where you can conveniently purchase this. :smileyhappy:

@atul10,

Internet sharing is already available for Lumia 710 who has the following firmware:

OS Version: 7.10.8773.98
Firmware revision number: 1600.3030.8773.12120

Have you check zune if there is an update for your device?

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anoop1969

i can run internet on other phones with internet sharing of lumia 710 as it can host upto 5 guests but unable to run internet on pc with internet sharing.

JCinMijas wrote:

The current firmware on your Lumia 710 doesn't allow for internet tethering and also not possible via USB connection. Maybe in a future software update yes. With regards to transferring files, you can sync music, picture, video and podcast files via Zune, for any other file type, you can use Skydrive for that purpose. This is also the best solution for now, unless you fancy using Dropbox which is what I personally use. Install BoxFiles for Dropbox - quite efficient.

If this post has in anyway helped you, help others here in the community by clicking on the white star here on the right and if appropriate - "also accept as solution"  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
venkatstar11

access internet on lumia 710

Hi,

Am using Lumia 710 and i cant use skype and cant access market place.I am using Vodafone India.But in wifi i can access but in mobile internet i cant.

Please use plain text.
atul10

Issue in hearing to receiver end.

Most of receiver complains about not able to hear whenever call. I check with network if same network used in different mobile they can liston well. What could be the issue & any one having solution for that.

Please use plain text.