Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

after unlocking from orange

Counsellor
zaphod121
Accepted Solution

after unlocking from orange

Just unlocked phone network from orange....still got my lumia 800 now on 3...in UK....can anybody answer if its normal in settings..then about section that the carrier is still showing as ee.v797.01.......rather than 3. P.s.still no 7.8 update.anybody know?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Re: after unlocking from orange

It is perfectly normal. Your handset is still an EE/Orange variant no matter that it is unlocked. Any updates will also be dependent on EE/Orange approval. What SIM card you use in the phone makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zaphod121

thanks.
Please use plain text.
Gregg1100

[ Edited ]

Waiting for unlock code. Noticed a reply here that the OP said that in spite of his phone being unlocked, it still shows the phone as an Orange/EE carrier. 

Would it make any difference to have the phone de-branded as well ??  

My phone is Lumia 820

Thanks,

Greg

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

You can't de-brand the phone in any official or legal way maintaining warranty.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Gregg1100

Hi Paul,
Not worried about warranty- phone only owes me £100, so if and when it goes wrong, will use a 4lb lump hammer on it. Same treatment as dead puter hard drives, lol.
Greg
Please use plain text.