Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: alarm auto on off lumia 610

Contributor
kendalb

alarm auto on off lumia 610

The alarm does not work unless I leave the phone on all night. Is there an 'auto on off' setting that will switch the phone on when the alarm is due?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@kendalb

No there isn't, but why not leave phone in "Airplane" mode overnight?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That feature does not exist as the phone needs to be on to sound the alarm, like most other modern phones.

What you need to do is set the alarm then put the phone into flight mode. Flight mode uses very little power, you won't be disturbed and your alarm will still sound. You can find find flight mode in the settings or you can get an app from the market that will let you pin a tile for flight mode to the start screen for quick accesss.

For example this app:
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/connectivityshortcuts/430cf007-731f-4357-af7b-b897bff25a...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

No.. If you don't want to be disturbed with the phone being ON, put it to 'flight mode' .. The phone must be left ON for the Alarm to ring ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kendalb

Thanks for the replies. Putting it into flight mode doesn't really seem like a resolution because I'm not on a plane and the phone is still on! Even my first Nokia phone twenty years ago had a useful alarm function. Disappointing.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Unfortunately it's just the way phones are nowadays and nothing can be done to change it. iPhones and most androids are the same requiring them to be on to sound an alarm.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kendalb

That is a particularly unhelpful comment and vastly wide of the truth. This is the first phone I have ever had that does not automatically switch on for the alarm.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

How is it unhelpful? Its fact end of...The question has been answered and explained there is nothing more that can be done.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kendalb

I didn't say invalid I said unhelpful. Something could quite easily be done about it. Do you work for Nokia?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

No none of us here do.This is a peer to peer forum. Your question has been answered 100%

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kendalb

OK. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nokia cannot change this behaviour in the windows phones, you need to complain to Microsoft if it bothers you that much.

There is nothing that can be done to help you on this forum so further debate about this here is pointless.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kendalb

Got it. The debate finished a while ago!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Good man!

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Good, was just adding facts so that you know this isn't a Nokia issue or a problem that will be fixed.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kendalb

Yep, still got it. No more facts necessary. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Glad you were finally able to understand and calm down without further false claims of people being "unhelpful".
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kendalb

I had nothing to claim down about I just found the tone and attitude rather frustrating, as I do yours. If you wish to spend your time helping people then well done and thank you but it does not give you the right to be condescending and rude. Equally, comments like 'glad you were finally able to understand' only serve to provoke aggressive responses, which presumably is you intent. Happy New Year
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

You obviously took it the way you wanted to read it, was no attitude from me at all. You seriously need to calm down and move on. I provided you with an answer and a quick workaround and you gave me hostility in return.

Nothing more to be said here.

Please use plain text.