Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

apn problem nokia lumia 822

Contributor
xejd
Accepted Solution

apn problem nokia lumia 822

I have an unlocked lumia 822 ...and with the last update basically all settings to set apn have dissapeared! I tried with the access point app but still nothing..now I read that it is because verizon patched it like this...but this is absurd will an update be pushed to fix this? And if so when?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xejd

Re: apn problem nokia lumia 822

Anyone?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

This is not the case with any of my WP8 handsets and I suspect is specific to the Verizon variant in which case you need to bring it up with Verizon support because they seem to have removed this functionality from their operator variant for some reason.

BTW, the 822 is supposed to retrieve the apn settings automatically from the sim. You should not need to set it up manually. I have used sims from dozens of countries without having to go near apn settings. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
piotrstrzelczyk

I have same problem, using this phone in Poland. I'm waiting for solution/update fixing this problem.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xejd

any idea on the eta of the patch?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
piotrstrzelczyk

I tweeted to nokia care us maybe ther know when will be fixing update
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

There will be no patch from Nokia if the Verizon removed it, which sounds like the case. Personally I would start with Verizon and see what they say. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xejd

so basically I got this phone but I can't use 3g on it ever?...did verizon mention if they will release a fix or anything?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

xejd wrote:
so basically I got this phone but I can't use 3g on it ever?...did verizon mention if they will release a fix or anything?

You can - on Verizon. As already suggested twice, please ask Verizon for further clarification on the restrictions they have imposed on this handset. It's a dedicated version specifically modified for Verizon and incompatibility with other networks should be expected and researched prior to purchase for use on a different network..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alainFR69

This is not an answer. This phone is a Nokia 822 for Verizon. That mean Nokia works closely with Verizon, so Nokia have to provide a solution. This phone works fine, since portico update, it's no more possible to send SMS. I bought this phone is us, works fine in France with French sim card. But since update, there is the SMS bug. I plan to change this phone in June, by a Lumia 920, but with this kind if support,that not respect his users, I will choose the Samsung s4
Alain
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I don't think you understand the situation here. This functionality was intentionally removed/modified by Verizon for their variants. It will not be fixed because there is nothing wrong. Only way is to convince Verizon to change their mind. Either that or get a non Verizon handsets. Personally I would never purchase operator branded handsets.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

The 822 is not just operator branded - it is completely modified according to the requirements of ONE specific network operator and is a dedicated model made specifically for use on that ONE specific network. So as correctly stated in the previous post, the fact that it does not work properly on a different network does not mean there is anything wrong with it => there is nothing to be fixed, neither by Nokia or by Verizon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
abidofficial

I'm having a lumia 822 n facing same problems.. Luking for a fix sooner..
But after reading this i jst come to knw... None of u can fix this..
so itz really sukz...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

There will be no fix. The 822 is a Verizon only model and Verizon has decided on certain features to be omited from their branded handsets. If you have a problem, you should contact Verizon. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
piotrstrzelczyk

Today i installed new access point update from nokia and mms and 3g/lte internet are working after that.

SMS sending still not works.

My firmware:1532.5951.1250.1012

I have hope that sms sendings wil be repair soon too.

Cjlim - you had not right with this case. Nokia did somthing with apn problem, mms and internet works now, only sms still wait for fix/repair.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

piotrstrzelczyk wrote:

Today i installed new access point update from nokia and mms and 3g/lte internet are working after that.

SMS sending still not works.

My firmware:1532.5951.1250.1012

I have hope that sms sendings wil be repair soon too.

Cjlim - you had not right with this case. Nokia did somthing with apn problem, mms and internet works now, only sms still wait for fix/repair.

Yours is a different issue unless you have a Verizon branded hadset. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
piotrstrzelczyk

I have lumia 822 Verizon, and i use this phone in other network in Poland.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

It is a known fact that the original issue was due to Verizon restrictions for their handsets. Only Verizon can authorise the removal of thses restrictions. Looks like all the complaints have paid off and Verizon have lifted the restriction .

Please use plain text.
Advisor
piotrstrzelczyk

I hope so
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MANNIEB

I am currently using this device and the apn settings are in settings then cellular.
Firmware: 3045.0000.1328.10151
Please use plain text.