Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: can't make outgoing calls...

Contributor
jemcheok
Accepted Solution

can't make outgoing calls...

When I dial a number, it says dialling and then immediately, call ended. Suggestions anyone? Texting and incoming calls work fine :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
ipodee

I am facing the exact same problem and I just realised it today

Please use plain text.
ipodee

Hi pal, I solved the problem temporaily.

Apparently, I went into settings > applications > phone and changed show phone number to my contacts, it worked. Once the call is made, the setting would go back to show phone number to everyone and it wouldn't work anymore. It's like having to manually change the setting every time which is silly.

Please use plain text.
Lotsman

[ Edited ]

Hi ipodee,

Thank you for solution. It seems it depends on mobile operator and the phone doesn't check if it is allowed to hide caller ID. In my case I switched the mode to "Show my caller ID to my contacts only". I could call to contacts from the address book, but couldn't to anybody else. Android phone for the same operator just disable this option... To fix the problem in my case you need:

1. Ope Phone Application

2. Tap '...', Select "call settings"

3. Set "Show my caller ID" to "my contacts"

4. Set "Show my caller ID" to "everyone"

5. Press back

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
smyneni

i have the same problem, i changed the setting to show my caller id to ' my contacts'.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ana_bidi

It worked! :smileyhappy: Thanks a lot!!!

Please use plain text.
techfan

thanx I faced the same prob.....but was able to rectify it with ur help
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
manojattal

The trick also worked for me. Nokia, u need to work on ur software!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rasith22

ya it's work tanx 2 kindly help
Please use plain text.
lulu38

Help this solution does not work for me! 

Tried altering settings, resetting, rebooting, tried my sim in another phoneit  works fine.  Have always had Nokia phones, but this Lumia 800 one has to the worst ever.  I have had it a week, but I'm wishing I had gone with another brand......

Basically, I have a phone that doesn't phone....great. 

Any help would be much appreciated 

Please use plain text.
njoy

hey, i tried your solution and it works just fine... but i have to change the settings every time i want to make a call & after every call "Show my caller ID" changes back to "everyone". Is there any permanent soln?
Please use plain text.
njoy

Hey, i was having the same problem and as i was searching i found another post and after following the instructions given.... my problem was solved forever!!  Try it....

first keep ur call cettings to show caller id to my friends
then u can make calls ......
now again it wil jump back to show everyone..
then again go to settings keep to my friends and dont go back and keep again to everyone....
now switch of ur phone take the sim out and restart the phone.....
nw again switch of ur phone and keep ur sim and restart ...
now u can make out going calls.

Hope it helps solve your problem:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
nkdbuster

I had same problem after I started Lumia 800 within 4 to 5 days. I was unable to make outgoing calls. Whenever attempted it was ending immediately. SIM card worked well in another phone.

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS SOLUTION.

In call setting I first changed Show my caller ID to  "everyone" to "my contacts" and again reverted to "everyone".

The problem was solved and I was able to make outgoing calls. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
soma175

I have same problem.... in Nokia Lumia 610. How to fix ?

please help 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
soma175

i have done call settings...able to call once. during the call the dispaly gets off. i do not know the phone is working or not as the display not showing any thing... later found i teh call goes...
Please use plain text.
bhupendra9317

Hellow, Can anybody help me. My Nokia Lumia710 has lost its outgoing facility since last 4 days.

Please use plain text.
Sunisubr

Hello All,

Am using Nokia lumia 720 (bought a week before) i was facing the same isse

i cant able to see the caller's name once i dialled (very difficult to end the call)

as everyone suggested i tried to find the solution, but the problem is i cant able to find the Show my caller ID to field. in phone settings.

Can any one help please..

cheers..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Odel85

It worked! Thank you so much.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sriharsha_k

Hello All,

Iam using Nokia Lumia 625 & i am facing the same issue

as everyone suggested i tried to find the solution, but the problem is i cant able to find the Show my caller ID to field. in phone settings.

I have also tried the hard reset, the phone was reset but my out going is still an issue

request help

rehardhsm

Harsha

Regards,
Sriharsha
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Dandelion80

Hi,

I have major problem with my new Lumia 1020. I had to make a call with unknown user ID. I was unable to find the section hide my caller ID from the phone settings.

So I put *31* and #31# in front of the call (tried to make call two times and used these two different combinations: *31* the first time and #31# the second time).

Then a text appreared on the screen: Singtel (name of the operator and I'm based in Singapore) and succesfull.

Since that I've been unable to make any outbound calls. When I make the call, it will immediately after say: Call ended (before I hear any dialling tone or anything)

SMS and web  word normally and I can also take incoming calls.

I have tried to reset the phone but nothing seems to work. I've been also reading previous posts about how I should go to phone setting and tap the three dots and then choose show caller ID. The problem is that when I go to phone setting and select the three dots I only get the following options to choose from:

Voicemail number

CAll forwarding (on / off)

Text reply (on/off)

International assist (on/off)

Sim security (on/off)

Fixed dialling (FDN) (On/off)

I can't believe this is happening. I have had so many problems with the phone ... bad connectivity, crashing etc. that this really is the last straw.

Please help me, I really don't know what to do!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.