Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

can't send mms messages with my lumia 800

Counsellor

can't send mms messages with my lumia 800

i bought a lumia800 from amazon and it turns out to be a german tmobile lumia800, i am able to use it with my at&t sim tho, but i couldnt get my voicemail or use the internet, i eventually used nokia network setup app to configure all those operator specific stuff. so now evrything works fine.

except that i cannot send/recieve mms messages.

can anyone please help me to configure my mms settings or do i just return the phone

thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: can't send mms messages with my lumia 800

@ezzykoko

The solution is using Network Setup an application which was pulled from Marketplace due to security issues:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/800/faq#06

There was a workaround mentioned in this thread if device on the latest software, but seems loophole may have been closed and no longer effective solution:/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Lumia-Network-setup/m-p/1247735/highlight/true#M2675

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

I found 3G/GSM data and MMS to me mutually exclusive functions due to problems with APN setup.

My workaround is to delete my data APN when I want to send an MMS and re-add it when I want to use celular data.  Adding the APN is not a big problem as I only have to enter the name, it's a bit of a nuicance though.

My original details are here:

/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/MMS-settings-on-Windows-Phone/m-p/1251347#M2915

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hibs

I had the same problem with german version from amazon.found the issue under settings#cellular#data connection-ON.it seems that the phone uses this for mobile data and mms.i am not paying for 3G and from the very first day did switch it to OFF.hope will help you.
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

This problem is now solved for me.

The latest firmware (12070) and the latest Network Setup app (1.6.3.0) creates the correct APN settings (internally) for MMS and Data.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
helaker

Except that there's no Network Setup app in the Marketplace anymore :smileyindifferent:

What gives, Nokia? 

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

@helaker

Just searched and found it straight away.

Open Marketplace on your phone and then tap 'Nokia collection'.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
helaker

That must mean the app is not available in my region, i.e. the United States, because myself and a bunch of other American users can't find it (check the WP Central forums for instance). 

Nokia is starting to remind me of Apple with this kind of limiting b.s. 

Seriously, this is VERY frustrating. 

Please use plain text.
ensferum

I have the same issue with my unlocked german lumia 800. I have t-mobile in the U.S. I have contacted t-mobile and nokia...no success

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
homerjay

I have a lumia 800 bought new unlocked, inserted virgmobile sim and in network setup i changed my operator from the default t-mobile to virgin mobile and added their apn settings.. big mistakes 1&2. couldn't send or receive. spent some time and did a factory reset, resisted temptation to change setting( leave them as factory set) and sent 2 test mms pics to my own and wife's mobile and it worked.

Please use plain text.