Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

connection manager for lumia 520

Registered Member
tanmoy202

connection manager for lumia 520

Hello sir,i m using Lumia 520..is there any connection manager like Symbian belle or Symbian s60v5 os..? I want to see the speed of net when i m downloading any songs and video....
and i cant understand when the data connection is active..there is no data connection symbol like Symbian...
is there any eq settings ?i have updated my phone in amber..double tap to wake screen option is not showing in my l 520!!!!
pls help me ..thanks..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: connection manager for lumia 520

Datasense will show overall data usage when available. You can download network speed test app like Network Speeds Test.

On the top of the screen you will see the signal strenght and next to it the data connection type in the status bar. You can swipe it down if it is hidden.

Double tap to wake is not available on the 52x models due to hardware restrictions. This has been widely known fro m quite a while before the update actually arrived.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

I'm afraid there is no "connection manager" that I'm aware of for WP8. To be honest, I never used it more than once or twice on any of the numerous Symbian devices I've used and therefore don't really miss it on my Lumias (or should that be Lumiae?...)

The fact that you see any letter at all next to the bars indicating the signal strength indicates that the connection is active. To test this, go into settings -> mobile network and set "Data connection" to "off". Now tap in the system notification are and all you'll see is the signal strength bars and no indication of the type of connection established.

The 520 is a lower spec device than many others and it doesn't have the circuitry for the graphic equalizer. This explains why there is no such option in your audio settings.

Also, double tap to wake was not deployed to all models. I believe the 520 is one that did not receive it because of the lower spec hardware. Read here:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2013/08/30/lumia-amber-your-questions-answered/

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tanmoy202

when i on data connection,then all the time showing 'E' in 2g connection..so,all the time its connected??!!..and i dont have activated any background tasks..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Yes, it is always connected. However, you should only be paying for any data that actually flows over the connection. A connection held open but no data actually going through it won't cost you anything.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tanmoy202

But every 15 to 20 minutes its cutting my balance!!for what?? Which task is open actually??..when i reset my phone,and after reset when its on then its cutting my balance,why??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

What do you mean by "cutting" your balance? Do you mean that it is actually using data?

That would be expected from a modern smartphone. These things really only come into their own with a data connection.

If you really want to stop that from happening then go into settings -> mobile network and set "Data connection" to "Off".

This will stop any mobile data from being used, but your live tiles will not be updated and if you have something that fetches lock screen data from the internet, that will not be updated either.

Please use plain text.