Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: how to claim reserved space - lumia 800

Advisor
whatsol

how to claim reserved space - lumia 800

Hi,

I have Lumia 800 and it shows very little free space and a big chunk as reserved space.

now i dont know what is that and how can i claim it. It is more then 10GB though i have only a couple of small games (i hardly play games on mobile), i dont have any movie on mobile and overall the content i have put on lumia 800 should not have crossed 2GB at max. have onyl a dozen of photos from camera. the big chunk of my content is music and thats all.

any help. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
d12south

I have the same problem.. I connected to my pc my Lumia 800 today, and zune says theres no space left..

It says it has 10.40gb reserved space and other content.

But my reserved space is set to 5% ..

Something is using all my space and I dont know what it is.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
WildSabre

[ Edited ]

Connect your handset to Zune.

Click on 'View Synch Options'

Look down the list on the left of the screen and find 'Reserved Space'. Click it.

Now you should see a slider which allows you to change the amount of 'Reserved Space' on your phone.

Check how many pictures you have on the phone and remove any you don't need. They take up a huge amount of space. Also texts, MMS messages and Emails can take a masive amount of space too.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
mohana05

Did anybody find solution for this problem??

It is ridiculous that a phone of this worth gives us only a 3-4 gb of usable space..

How can I use reserved space?The slider reduction is not changing much..it is still showing 10gb minimum reserved space

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tosifcool21

Same problem with my Lumia 710 :smileysad:
Please use plain text.