Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to unlock nokia lumia 521

Contributor
lumia521

how to unlock nokia lumia 521

Hello everybody

I have bought a Lumia 521 from MetroPCS Company and it cant be used in Vietnam. I wanna purchase the code to unlock it. Who can show me how to get the code? thanks 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lumia521

Re: how to unlock nokia lumia 521

who can help me :smileysad:(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
garym11

Have you contacted MetroPCS?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lumia521

yes,

from metroPCS :

"MetroPCS GSM phones can be unlocked after 90 days of continuous activation with MetroPCS service. After this criteria is met, a request can be made to MetroPCS for the unlock code. Hope this helps. Thank you, LM"

"You did not complete the necessary compliance to request an unlocked code for your phone. Thank you, LM"

indeed,i have bought it from my friend,he did not complete the necessary compliance to request an unlocked code 

:smileysad:

Can you show me where sales code and how to get it?

garym11 wrote:

Have you contacted MetroPCS?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RajibHossain

Dear, I have a Lumia 521 (T Mobile) USA . I want to use it in Bangladesh. How can unlock this in Bangladesh?

Please use plain text.
HDcoffee

Hello, RajibHossain.

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions.

In order for you to unlock your phone, you need to contact your Network provider (T-mobile) to get your unlock code.

Cheers!

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
istatecurtis

I bought a new Nokia Lumia 521 recently on amazon. Its a T-Mobile no contract smartphone. My current carrier I'd wireless, a mobile affiliate. I need to know how to unlock my new phone so I can use it with my provider. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
istatecurtis

Auto correct nightmare.

my carrier is iwireless, which is a
T-Mobile affiliate. How do I unlock this phone to work on my current network?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The unlock code is available from T-Mobile but because you did not purchase it from them, they may not entertain your request. Perhaps you should try contacting the seller first and see if they can get the code from T-Mobile for you. Did they state that the phone was locked to T-Mobile?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
garym11

[ Edited ]

This is from T-Moblle

Look at the requirements.

How to SIM unlock a T_Mobile Phone

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

Please use plain text.