Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how transfer contacts from lumia 520 to android ph...

Counsellor
zone1111

how transfer contacts from lumia 520 to android phone

i have two phones 520 and s7562 android phone.i already sync contacts from lumia 520 to outlook.com and gmail.com.

can i transfer from here to android phone?

if yes how?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: how transfer contacts from lumia 520 to android phone

I would guess you set up an account for these on the Android phone. But why are you asking here? Would an Android board not be abetter place to ask?

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
zone1111

520 contacts sync to outlook.com.i saw my contacts in www.outlook.com

similarly i sync my contacts to my gmail.com also.but did not saw my phone contacts in gmail.why?

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

On your Android phone if you have not already done so go to settings, accounts, add account, add the outlook account and make sure you tick" sync contacts"

On the people setting in the Android, go to , "contacts to display" and make sure you have ticked the outlook account as well as the Gmail/ Google account.

If you have contacts saved in both accounts the resulting display will be a guddle of information as there will be duplicated information.

Aside from the slight annoyance of that duplication thus is the beauty of saving contacts, whether to a Microsoft or a Google account, all you need do is add the account to any new device and everything is there.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

zone1111 wrote:

520 contacts sync to outlook.com.i saw my contacts in www.outlook.com

similarly i sync my contacts to my gmail.com also.but did not saw my phone contacts in gmail.why?

Once linked to a specific account the contact will sync there and not to another account. It may be possible to backup contacts using an app like Contacts Backup, Remove them (from outlook,com) and restore the backup at which time the app may ask to which account to backup.

As I recall Contacts Backup creates a .VCF (VCARD) file on skydrive which you might be able to import into an Android phone or you can export the contacts from outlook.com and import them into gmail.

So you have options, but it would be better to ask in an Android community to make sure.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malikpeeler

[ Edited ]
You can export and import. But the easiest way is to just download the outlook.com app, then sync the contacts directly from outlook.com to your phone. http://www.recovery-android.com/transfer-contacts-phone-to-phone.html
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
avsm

I have two phanes Nokia 520 and HTC 310. How to tranfer contacts from Nokia to HTC 310
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Are you really asking the same question as in the first post and did not bother to read the responses?

---

Please use plain text.
eshiejamz

Moved to Asha and other Nokia Series 30 and Series 40 phones board

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Racnkaul

[ Edited ]

I just tried Gmail to transfer contacts from Nokia  to Android Samsung galaxy phone, it is very easy. The other option is to manually export contacts from Gmail, then import them into Outlook or almost any other contact manager. This isn't as convenient as actual syncing, because the two databases will eventually diverge without regular effort. But if you don't care about keeping the local version up-to-date, don't want to install another program, or are not using Outlook, it's a better choice.

Please use plain text.