Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: iPhone headphone is not working with Lumia 900...

Advisor
redgrenadine

Re: iPhone headphone is not working with Lumia 900.

Anything?  Any kind of response from Nokia?

I have checked this out using numerous non-nokia headphones and it is most definitely a phone issue.  Inline headphone controls worked just fine on my old Samsung Focus

Please use plain text.
zwesley

JWelhouse wrote:

Success!

These work perfect and are only $6!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003OE30KQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I'm listening to them right now, sound quality is ok, and the controls ALLwork (at least when the screen is on :smileysad:  )!

Tested mic by voice texting myself, seems to work as well!

HTC Item model number: 36H00880-04M

Has anyone else tried the headphones posted by JWelhouse?  I have had headphones that work some of the time, but none where everything works all of the time.  Any feedback on these in particular?  One hit wonder or true fix?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JWelhouse

They are still working for me. The volume could be higher, but the controls do still work with the screen on.
Please use plain text.
unconn3cted

Have the same problem here. I've been testing headsets from different companies over the years with my iphone. Im getting ready to switch to lumia 920.but reading all those posts about the old headsets incompatibility makes me a bit uneasy. 

On the iphone i was using :  

-2x sennheiser headset

-2x creative headset

-2x akg k350 

Now i love the last choice i made. So the AKG headset with pilot. And it doesnt work with Lumia phone. 

The big question is are there any adapter on the market that would make the AKG or any other iphone headset work on NOKIA ? 

Are there any list of headsets compatible with Lumia other then nokia's ?

I think NOKIA need to understand that for a lot of people - headsets are almost as equally important as the phone itself.  Using headsets - on the way to work - listening to music/books. Everyday jogging, speaking 70% of the time via headset over the phone. They become center of everyday  phone activity.

This is why the questions and other user concerns.

please let me know

best,

Please use plain text.
Advisor
AS147

I am sorry but leaving the screen on is not a resolution that is workable for anyone that wants their phone to last without having to recharge it all day.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
AS147

Nokia? Things have gone silent! This is not good and is precisely the thing you should be working towards avoiding. At present this is not a well known issue on the public forums which review smart phones but if it gets out trust me you will have to start damage control and at present with the criticality of this range of phones for your business you could well do without any more damage!

I am a fan of your phones but this is uncharacteristically bad of you not to at least provide an update on your progress even if it is "we are as of this date still looking into this and have confirmed the issue".

So come on Nokia match your usual high quality with a decent response.

Trust me I am happy to vocalise my displeasure on other forums if I get nothing here.

Please use plain text.
ouzo12

I am about to pull the trigger on the 920 but this is a bit concerning.   Is there any headphone on the market that will a) answer calls b) adjust volume and C) change tracks?   Will function buttons still not work if the screen is locked?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlexOdin

[ Edited ]

EarPods dont work with Lumia 920.

I've tried a couple of different headsets (in-ear) at BestBuy and they all work with Lumia 920. Controls, mic and etc.

I just did not like the quality of these headsets, so i will be looking on internet for reviews.

Volume control is not supported, but answer calls, call somebody using headset's control buttons works.

Nokia support recommended Nokia Stereo Headset WH-208 for Lumia 920

Please use plain text.
Madriver

I use the Powerbeats for exercizing and working around the house and the mic doesn't work with the Nokia 920.

What concerns me, and a reason I'm moving away from Apple, is having equipment that doesn't limit the user. Windows has always supported almost every device, I expected the same from a windows phone. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
xmorera

[ Edited ]

I just got a (used) Lumia 800 to test and see if I pull the trigger on the new ones coming out. I know this may sound silly, but without the ability of using the Apple headset I will not buy the device.

Why? They are great to use and I hate bluetooth.

Nokia:  why don't you just make your products a bit smarter with those kind of details and try to stay afloat? This is not an insult, it is a piece of advice. 

*note baseless and speculative remark removed

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Please use the forum search function when you have a question and read the thread concerning it. The answer to your question is here.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Vince_Klein

I received my Lumia 920 two days ago. According to Nokia´s support website:

Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 introduces a universal audio connector, it enables the use of both American Headset Jack (AHJ) headsets and standard Nokia OMTP headsets..

However, my Shure Headset which is supposed to work on iphones (also used it on various Androids) does not work on my Lumia. It can end calls but volume adjustments and more critically the mic do not work at all. 

Does that mean that despite the new universal audio connector, Headsets that are made for iPhone will not work on Lumias? Is there an adapter available to get them to work?

Much appreciated, Vince

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JohnOSu

Did you get a response?  I think I have a simlar issue

Please use plain text.