Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

instagram

Counsellor
ticklepixie
Accepted Solution

instagram

hello people 

how can i get instagram on lumia 800 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: instagram

Hi ticklepixie,

I'm afraid instagr.am is only available to iPhone and Android users. the developers have not made an application for the Windows phone OS.

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ticklepixie

hey thnx for reply

thats a wee shame, windows r not making phones competetive enough then :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Hopefully in the near future instagr.am will develop a Windows phone version.
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

I've never used instagram.  What does it do that can't be done using other apps from the marketplace?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ticklepixie

hmmm a nokia 1100 (torch phone) can make calls too receive n send texts :smileyhappy: why nokia lumia then :smileytongue:

well its about user expereince

most of teh similar apps in market place lack teh quality the other ones have (which r nt windows compatible)

instagram is a photo app which can add effects n sorts to ur pictures, likewise 'draw something' on my iphone is reall good but the counterpart for windows phone aka duudle is absolutely rubbish :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

matthewleech wrote:

I've never used instagram.  What does it do that can't be done using other apps from the marketplace?

Its an app that that takes a perfectly good picture, applies a filter and makes it look like a dodgy old Polaroid picture. Popular with hipsters and sad acts. :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

So pretty much like Apict app on Marketplace? Why when someone asks about a feature or function which Lumia doesn't support do you feel the need to belittle anyone looking for it? The original poster merely asked if an app was available,it isn't and there is no need for the judgemental comments.

I'm not sure what Instagram does but the op might like the Sketch app from the Marketplace.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Caspar107

Try Fhotoroom app, download in market

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SteelSeries

If nokia can use instagram i buy this phone xD
Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

Instagram is a photo sharing app with some cool filters you can use on your photos. There are 80 million users now and reportedly growing faster than twitter. However it is only available on ios and Android and the company doesn't seem interested to port to other platforms.
Please use plain text.
Laety009

so not even for nokia- belle phones? its going to course people to divert to other brands. I want to be faithfull to my nokia brands but i see Nokia has limited Social App downloadds.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

Laety009 wrote:

so not even for nokia- belle phones? its going to course people to divert to other brands. I want to be faithfull to my nokia brands but i see Nokia has limited Social App downloadds.:smileysad:

No Instagram for Symbian but there is an unofficial Intagram client for Nokia N9 running MeeGo which is good for viewing but it doesn't support uploads yet.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
awbou509

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LEDJPS

Ooh, sad acts is a bit harsh. I use instagram alot on my Android and find it a little dissapointing that it is not on windows. There are some other apps in the windows market that do a better job at adding such effects to photos than instagram.

From what I remember, Nokia do an app for windows phone that can edit photos which is free and there are numerous photo editing app for windows phone that can be found. Instagram is not the best photo editing app out there, but it has good sharing intergration with fb, twitter, etc.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
senile911

[ Edited ]

You're not helping so I won't be clicking the star... I rather wish there was a way to take a star from you actually.

People want Instagram because all their friends and/or family are on it with their iPhones or Android phones and they feel left out or don't want to be left out if they have or buy a Windows Phone. It's very popular with my friends and family and only getting more popular.

It is supposed to be coming to the Windows Phone as reported by The Verge but nobody knows when... If ever. For the time being my wife and I use our iPad mini’s to post pictures we take with our Lumia 920's. It’s a process but it will have to do until we get it on our phones (if ever).

You can view your friends Instagram photos with a few different third party apps found on the Market place. We use Metro.am. You can view, like, comment, and more, just not upload a picture with it.

Hope that helps…

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Senile911,

Have you tried Lomogram in the Store? I reckon it works even better than Instagram and you can upload and share and all of that business :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If you want it contact the developers of instagram and keep asking them for it. Posting about it on a Nokia forum isn't going to make it appear.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

True, but for those of us who don't need another network in addition to the Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr we already have, I think uploading to one of the other networks that you already have (that is available from other photo apps) is more than enough :smileytongue:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.