Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

internet not working

Contributor
Jayanthvadyala

internet not working

internet stops working for no reason.i don't know if its problem with the phone ,but the net starts working after i reset the phone,but i guess resetting every other day is not the solution ,please help 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: internet not working

Hi

Thank you for your post. This does sound a strange problem, are you doing anything in particular before the internet stops working?

Is this happening via the WiFi or through your 3G connection?

If you can supply a little more information.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
abjbhat

[ Edited ]

I have this exact problem myself. I dont know what causes it. The entire day I've been struggling to get this phone to connect to the Internet.

I have a Lumia 800. A friend of mine has the Lumia 710. Out of the blue, the Internet just stopped working. This happens over the mobile network connection. The phone shows an 'H' or 'E' signal but no Internet. There's no problem over WiFi. I can confirm that its not a mobile network problem as my other phone (an E6) has no problems connecting to the same network provider.

I had to reset my friend's Lumia 710 to get the Internet working again. Looks like its my turn today.

Also, while we're on the subject why does the Lumia 800 have such a big problem getting a 3G signal?

edit: Both phones exhibit this behaviour before and after the Tango update.

Present: Lumia-820
Past: E6, L-800, N8, N900, 5800 XM, 6500 Slider, 6303c
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jayanthvadyala

i do nothing in specific before the internet stop working...it just stops working!!!!!...well few times the internet explorer works but marketplace and the inbuilt fb chat stop working.... i dont think smthing is wrong with the mobile but some glitch in the software, please look into it.

well one more thing this happens wen i change the sim also....

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Does this happen with your WiFi, 3G connection or both?
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jayanthvadyala

connected to wifi the piece works just fine .. its only with the 3g connection.. it shows "E" or "h" but no net...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Have you tried contacting your network provider?

Just to advise getting a H is faster than a 3G connection but E is slower than both.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jayanthvadyala

ya they said my phone is connected to their server.........

Please use plain text.
AmitMagar

Thats right I just got my 710 and having the same problem....

Attaching a file, there you can see 3G signal and the page cannot be displayed error.

@Raoul_Duke - Please let us know a way out of this..

Have posted the detail problem on this link: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Internet-Problem-Nokia-Lumia-710/m-p/152073...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Make sure the apn for your carrier is set up correctly. When it is not you might still be able to connect to the data network(which is when the indicator will show) , but will not be able to transfer any data.

You'll find the correct settings on your carriers website, these can be entered in Settings>mobile network>add apn. Please be aware that these settings will change if you switch network. It may also be required to enable roaming in Settings>mobile network>Data roaming options 'roam'.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
AmitMagar

I have activated all the services in the settings and APN is also right which is working in other nokia phones.

Only my Lumia 710 is having the problem

Please use plain text.
AmitMagar

Just resetted the phone and freshly started the setting manually and not automatic which is reccommended.

added office email and live ID.

Till now its working like a charm. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jayanthvadyala

amit .. wat are the settings u have made please tell

Please use plain text.