Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

itunes to lumia 920

Contributor
ouzo12
Accepted Solution

itunes to lumia 920

Hello everyone,

well i have had my iphone for 3+ years and i think its time for an upgrade.  Seriously considering leaving the apple prison and revisiting Nokia.  Im really digging the 920 and cant wait until its in stores so i can check it out.  I do hve a few questions.

1.  i have approx. 43 gigs worth of songs and videos.  some movies were purchased via itunes.  What options are available to will allow me to either forgo iTunes entirely with a new media player or atleast transfer certain playlists to the lumia.

2. Are different language options available for texting and will it read incoming text in the original language? In this case greek.

3. What car audio options are available - currently have the iphone working through my car stereo using the usb jack but with sound only, no music info appears.

4. will we get the grey case in the states?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: itunes to lumia 920

Hi ouzo12,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

Good to hear you are considering the Lumia 920. I hope you will find these answers useful;

1. You can use the companion app for Windows Phone 8 devices to sync media files between your Mac and the Lumia 920. You will find a list of supported formats on the device page here. Due to DRM restrictions it will not be possible to sync protected files. This is because Apple does not permit these files outside their own eco system. Media files bought through Xbox Music, excluded content downloaded using a Xbox subscription pass,  or Nokia Music is DRM free and you are free to copy it off  of the phone and onto your Mac (in iTunes)

2. You can set a large number of languages (80 more from Windows Phone 7.5) and each language has it's country specific keyboard layout and adaptive word suggestion. You can mix and use several language layouts while using your own language setting and switch easily between keyboard layouts. Unfortunately we have no information yet on available speech options.

3. You can connect to your car audio system using Bluetooth with information being displayed on your car system when supported by Bluetooth. You can find more information on supported profiles in this link under the connectivity tab.

4. Available colors can be found on the link given in 1.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ouzo12

Thanks for the answers.... the release date should be any day now in the states, so I look forward to actually seeing the phone in person.

Also, is it true that the phone will not come with headphones? Will the nokia headphones allow for handsfree talking? Will the music player allow for gapless playback of albums?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nalxs

hi,

should not "synchronisation" work in both directions ? works fine from itunes to the lumia but songs that i have bought with nokia music oder xbox app are not automatically transferred to itunes. i have to import them manually with the windows phone connector app and then after the synchronising again, there are two copies of the same song on the phone.

is there a solution for that ? 

Please use plain text.