well i have had my iphone for 3+ years and i think its time for an upgrade. Seriously considering leaving the apple prison and revisiting Nokia. Im really digging the 920 and cant wait until its in stores so i can check it out. I do hve a few questions.
1. i have approx. 43 gigs worth of songs and videos. some movies were purchased via itunes. What options are available to will allow me to either forgo iTunes entirely with a new media player or atleast transfer certain playlists to the lumia.
2. Are different language options available for texting and will it read incoming text in the original language? In this case greek.
3. What car audio options are available - currently have the iphone working through my car stereo using the usb jack but with sound only, no music info appears.
4. will we get the grey case in the states?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for posting and welcome.
Good to hear you are considering the Lumia 920. I hope you will find these answers useful;
1. You can use the companion app for Windows Phone 8 devices to sync media files between your Mac and the Lumia 920. You will find a list of supported formats on the device page here. Due to DRM restrictions it will not be possible to sync protected files. This is because Apple does not permit these files outside their own eco system. Media files bought through Xbox Music, excluded content downloaded using a Xbox subscription pass, or Nokia Music is DRM free and you are free to copy it off of the phone and onto your Mac (in iTunes)
2. You can set a large number of languages (80 more from Windows Phone 7.5) and each language has it's country specific keyboard layout and adaptive word suggestion. You can mix and use several language layouts while using your own language setting and switch easily between keyboard layouts. Unfortunately we have no information yet on available speech options.
3. You can connect to your car audio system using Bluetooth with information being displayed on your car system when supported by Bluetooth. You can find more information on supported profiles in this link under the connectivity tab.
4. Available colors can be found on the link given in 1.
Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
should not "synchronisation" work in both directions ? works fine from itunes to the lumia but songs that i have bought with nokia music oder xbox app are not automatically transferred to itunes. i have to import them manually with the windows phone connector app and then after the synchronising again, there are two copies of the same song on the phone.
is there a solution for that ?