Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia 620, how to make lists of songs in music pla...

sorenbluespace
Accepted Solution

lumia 620, how to make lists of songs in music player

everytime i use the option and mark a song to be in a new list it puts all the songs in there and therefore it makes it useless to make a list , and no i'm not marking all the songs , just one to star a list and it puts all of them there ????

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

Re: lumia 620, how to make lists of songs in music player

Are you trying to make a playlist?

Please use plain text.
sorenbluespace

yes , that's the right word - a playlist , sorry  :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

The phone does not have an easy way to make a playlist.

Doing it on a PC is easy and provides a way to manage the playlist as well.

Start by making a playlist using the phone. Play a single song on the phone. Tap the bold song name below the album art, tap the save icon at the bottom of the page, name the playlist. Pause the player.

Connect the phone to the PC. In windows explorer find the music folder on the phone. Open the playlist folder in music and right click the playlist you just created and select properties, recources tab. The recources tab has different names depending on the operating system. It will have a window.  Drag and drop songs that are on the phone into the window to add songs to the playlist. Using the window you can delete songs from the playlist and arrange the play order.

Explaining it takes a lot more than actually doing it. Once you have it figured out it is very easy. Remember, the songs you drag and drop have to be on the phone.

Please use plain text.
sorenbluespace

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majaaleksic

Hi,

I've got a problem. I have Lumia 620. I saw your guidelines for creating playlists, but when i connect my phone to PC, there is no playlists folder. I do not know whether i have deleted it accidently....

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

majaaleksic wrote:

Hi,

I've got a problem. I have Lumia 620. I saw your guidelines for creating playlists, but when i connect my phone to PC, there is no playlists folder. I do not know whether i have deleted it accidently....

Thanks

If you have an SD card with all music being stored on it there should be a music folder on the card. Open the music folder and you  should see the playlist folder.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majaaleksic

I have no card, I store everything on the phone.

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

[ Edited ]

If the playlist folder is not in music you must have accedentally deleted it.

Try this: Create a folder in Music. Name it Playlist   Disconnect the phone. Turn the phone off and back on.

Create a playlist using the phone as I described above. Name it and save it. Go to playlist on the phone and see if it is there. If it is it should work. Connect the phone to the PC and manage your playlist.

In windows 7 you can double-click the playlist and it opens up the references window.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majaaleksic

A new folder cannot be made Playlist, because a window appears saying that such folder already exists. However, it is nowhere to be found. When I create a playlist with one song as you described it appears in the phone but not on the computer.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majaaleksic

A new folder cannot be named Playlist, because a window appears saying that such folder already exists. However, it is nowhere to be found. When I create a playlist with one song as you described it appears in the phone but not on the computer

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

When you install an SD card the phone creates a music, pictures and video folder. You may get a playlist folder on an SD card if you install one. 

OR

The only other thing to do is backup your phone in settings backup and do a hard reset. This is in settings, about..

Pictures, music and videos are not backed up. Copy them over to the PC. When the phone restarts after the reset, enter you MS account info during initial setup, you will not get another chance to restore.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
majaaleksic

The problem is solved :smileyhappy:

The folder was hidden.

Thanks a lot :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

I leave explorer set to view hidden folders, just forgot to tell you.

Glad you got it working.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
EngrAhmad

Click on Organize button at the left uper side

, then click on Folder & Search Option, then click on View. At

the middle click on Show hidden files and folders.

All folders will be displayed. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.