Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia 710: bluetooth

Registered Member
shihas
Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

we require an update for lumia 710 for proper working of bluetooth

we expect a positive rply from you

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Muneeb_NL710

Re: lumia 710: bluetooth

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rbiswas

I have two questions ..........

1) Can I upgrade my Nokia Lumia 710 to win 8 ???

2) Is there any software lunched by Nokia by which file transfer is possible vis bluetooth in Lumia 710 to others devices???

Plz answer me ASAP...............................

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi rbiswas,

Welcome to the Forum.

1) Unfortunately, you won't be able to upgrade your Lumia 710 to windows 8.  But the good news are in the second answer.

2) The current Lumia range of smartphones will continue to be supported by Nokia with a new features including a Bluetooth file transfer in a version called Windows Phone 7.8.

The rollout of these updates for the Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 smartphones will be phased, and we will share more details closer to the start of delivery.

Alternatively you can use the SkyDrive account to put your media files to the cloud storage and let people download them. For more information about SkyDrive, please see the related article 'What is SkyDrive?'. You can use the search field on this page to find this.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rbiswas

Mr. Pfrancois,

Sorry, I can't understand. You said bluetooth file transfer is possibe in version win 7.8. Is lumia 710 OS is win 7.8 ??? If not,is it possible to upgrade it to win 7.8 ??? If possible, Is the upgrade is available now???

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Yes, it will be possible with the new version win 7.8.  This new version will be available soon.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rbiswas

Thanks Mr. Pfrancois,

That means, there is no update now and there is no any other software to transfer files from Lumia 710 to other devices till now.

One more question, I'm living in Bangladesh. Can I upgrade my lumia 710 to win 7.8 from here??? Please clear me everything............

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

[ Edited ]

You can upgrade to WP7.8 from anywhere in the world, once WP7.8 is released for your handset. Not just for Lumia 710 in general, but for your version which you physically own.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rbiswas

Can anyone tell me when Nokia will release win 7.8 for everyone???

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Nokia has yet to give a date as to when they'll release it to anyone. All you can do is wait as no answer can be given to you here.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rbiswas

Does support pdf in lumia 710???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Lumia 710 supports PDF now using the free abobe reader app from the Market.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ryo_Hung

hello guys, I wanna confirm that the bluetooth can transfer files under the win 7.8? it is that ture?

thx

Please use plain text.
ter_ri

lumia interest 610

i like the look and feel of the phone 610 but could not undersstand when

the salesman told me, no blutooth. i can't believe it ,and also no file transfer

as reading now on the discussions forum. have a e72, would like a larger screen

but not sacrificing all those features i take for granted. any suggestions

should i try android instead? symbian might be outdated , but definitely more

accomodating, it seems....

Please use plain text.