Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia 720 digitizer and screen replacement

grossindel

lumia 720 digitizer and screen replacement

Am a technical, live in Nigeria , port harcort city.. A customer who bought a lumia 720 two months ago had it accidentally drop on the floor and cracked the digitalizer. The LCD is still working fine. I went to a service center to discover that the assemble set (LCD + digitalizer) costs half the price of the phone itself . That's way too much !!. Ave tried to seperate the LCD from the screen but it seems not possible without damaging the LCD. The lCD is too fragile and glued to the digitalizer . Using a hot gun around the frame of the digitalizer to melt the glue isn't walking and I can't find any video on YouTube doing that kind of seperation. does it mean not possible?? not advicible?? am kinda confused right now. Nokia should make these parts affordable.. Pls any suggestions?? Dont mind my English ..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: lumia 720 digitizer and screen replacement

Sorry but the Forum Guidelines do not permit us to discuss any self servicing of the Hardware.

Please use plain text.
grossindel

OK so I should send to Nokia for repair right ? it's going to cost more than half the phone price to do that in Nigeira .. Do I have to fly it to India? just to get a glass replaced? not wise enough its better to get a new one or go with a cheap Android phone. Nokia make us happy please. ......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Doing this yourself will void warranty obviously. As farby mentioned we can't discuss this here but let's just say Google and Youtube will be your friend..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apoorvaa

I am from Chennai, India. I bought lumia 720 two months ago.
Dropped it accidentally and facing the same problem cracked digitalizer
The LCD+digitalizer set is not available in any of Nokia care
At least make this part available
They are asking me to leave my phone with them for 7 days and in that period IF they will get the part they will replace it otherwise I have to wait longer
Please use plain text.
grossindel

Sorry about that bro, I figured out the problem is the parts are not avalible. The few once that's got it makes it very expensive. You just have to wait like am doing right now. In 2 to 3 months time it will be avalible and less expensive.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Navng

Hi apoorva.. I am from Chennai, this morning i have dropped my Lumia 720 and its glass has broken. Would u plz tell me where u replaced ur damaged glass and cost for it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
grossintel

Hi everyone. I just got mine replaced today, The screen + digitalizer cost about 22,000 naira. that's about 146 dollars. Cost alot but my phone is back and alive. And I forgot to say I fixed it my self. *smiles *
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wolfok

My Nokia Lumia 720 digitizer has just been smashed. How much is it gonna cost me to replace it here in Nigeria?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi, wolfok. Repair cost depends on the evaluation of the technicians in a Nokia Care Point. We suggest visiting the below link for the list of the Nokia Care Points:

http://www.nokia.com/ng-en/support/storelocator/
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.