Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 800 not turning ON completely.

asak92

lumia 800 not turning ON completely.

hey people, i recently bought a lumia 800 and its been a great experience.

but, last night a weird thing happened... i was using my phone normally, with 3g turned on, and after a few minutes of browsing through the whats new place in the me hub, the phone just hung... i could not do anything with it. so, i tried turning it off, but din't work. i tried connecting it to the charger, din't work. Finally, i did a hard reset by pressing the lock button for 10 seconds. then after that when i connected the phone to the charger, it turned ON and the nokia logo came up on the screen... nothing happened affter that and it remained like tat for 1 hour. again i did a hard reset, same problem happened. so, i left it to charge all night and still the same thing in the morning... and also a battery symbol with a red line at the bottom is shown before the nokia logo appears.... now i cannot use the phone... what do i do now??

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi asak92,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.

You can perform a soft reset on the Lumia by taking it off the charger and pressing the lower volume and power button together until the Lumia vibrates. Release the power button and after 10 seconds release the volume button. The Lumia should now vibrate again. After a few seconds press the power button as normal and the Lumia should power up.

Contact your nearest Nokia Care Point if further assistance is required.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
asak92

quick question... does this erase all the data onmy phone?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@asak92,

No it doesn't.

Regards
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
asak92

now, my phone is completely dead and a soft reset is not even happening...im clueless again
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi,

Attached the USB charging cable to your device, let it for about 15 minutes or so and then hold down the power button until you feel it vibrate. It should come on then.

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
asak92

i tried that too. it is then that the phone powers ON and then the nokia logo comes up... nothing happens after that and it stays that way.. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi,

I recommend you visit one of our Nokia care points to have the unit inspected.

To find your local one please refer to the following link:

http://www.nokia.com/appmanager/UnitedStatesEnglishNOKIA_COM_NEWCONCEPT/NewNokiaCOM;JSESSIONID_NCOM=...

Regards

Raoul_Duke
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ridctg

Somehow I got my Lumia 800 started after facing the same problem you all are facing.

Didn't work: 

1)Holding power button for 10s

2)Trying different combination of buttons to reset

3)Plugging into Nokia AC Charger 

4)Plugging into PC USB

How it worked for me:

Lumia 800 comes with an AC charger attached to an USB cable. I have a similar USB cable which I use to charge up my HTC HD7. I just plugged that HTC USB cable into Nokia AC Charger and connected my Lumia 800 to that. As soon as I connected the phone it vibrated. Then I pressed the power button while keeping the phone on AC charge and it started normally.

*I tried with that HTC USB cable with my PC USB port. Didn't work. So, you must plug it to the AC charger.

So, the suggestion is, try changing the USB cable of Nokia Lumia 800 AC Charger.

Hope it helped!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PBrightmore

This is getting beyond a joke. My nokia hasn't been able to turn on for about a week. It has happened before and I took it in then the guy said you had to charge it up via PC... Then he fixed it for me. Now I a trying to charge it up via PC and nothing is working. I am starting to get incredibly frustrated with Nokia, this is awful and it has happened to so many. You need to sort it out nokia, of give us all refunds. PLEASE HELP WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? :@

asak92 wrote:

but, last night a weird thing happened... i was using my phone normally, with 3g turned on, and after a few minutes of browsing through the whats new place in the me hub, the phone just hung... i could not do anything with it. so, i tried turning it off, but din't work. i tried connecting it to the charger, din't work. Finally, i did a hard reset by pressing the lock button for 10 seconds. then after that when i connected the phone to the charger, it turned ON and the nokia logo came up on the screen... nothing happened affter that and it remained like tat for 1 hour. again i did a hard reset, same problem happened. so, i left it to charge all night and still the same thing in the morning... and also a battery symbol with a red line at the bottom is shown before the nokia logo appears.... now i cannot use the phone... what do i do now??

asak92 wrote:

Please use plain text.
eyewanda102

Hi,

Thank you for this.

My Nokia Lumia did the same thing:- went off completely and refused to turn on.....got me very very worried. but after I did the hard reset, which you've outlined,  it worked. Nothing was lost, it went back to normal.

Gracias!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
UnhappyLumia

I got the same problem yesterday as my battery died while in use out and about. Got home to charge it,nothing happened, took the connector off and back on again and left it for a while, come back I see the Nokia symbol on the screen, so I hold the power button as I figured it had charged a bit now, then went to blank screen and nothing happening. Rinse and repeat with AC power and laptop and the same things happen except later on I first get the battery with the red bar and then Nokia a while later. But after a while it now does completely nothing. The laptop doesn't pick it up and on AC it just does nothing. I've tried all the suggestions, holding power button for ages, the soft and hard reset. Its buggered and I have no other phone with micro sim so i'm screwed for the mean time before I can go tomorrow to either Vodafone or some nokia care point.
Please use plain text.
paone

solution for lumia 800 not turning ON.

[ Edited ]

hi lumia 800 users,

Even i had the same problem with my phone i didnt knew what has happened i tried everything like giving a hard reboot with all keys but it didnt work. I felt my phone charging for 2 days even then it didnt work.

Then i connected my dead phone to my laptop and let the drives to be installed successfully after that i opened ZUNE and my phone started buzzing after 10sec in the begining it shown me the battery symbol after a minute it started workiing. I hope this works for you guys. It worked for me. Reply me if it works for you as well.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Jamiebeerboy

My Nokia lumia has been off for nearly a week,had it on charage and it hasn't worked.

The phone vibrates but no welcome message or Nokia symbol comes on.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tueshaes

The exact same thing happened to mine today. Well, since last night. :smileysad: 

And I've tried all the above suggestions. NOthing is working and its still pitch-black dead. Not even a vibrate. 

Do I really have to bring it all the way to a Nokia authorised store now? :smileysurprised: 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

That would seem to be the best option

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mritunjay20

nokia sucks....tried to switch it on in every possible way but couldn't do so....got my lumia to the service centre and got my Lumia up to date..it worked for a day or so and turned off again...this model sucks....nookia should get an update in which all the problems are troubleshooted at once for all....:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Ranting is no going to solve your issue sadly.if there is a problem return it back to nokia care where it can be sorted out.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lumia0303

Unfortunately I am also experiencing the same problems with my lumia 800 and do not have access
to a Nokia support center. A response from Nokia support would really help. The phone is unresponsive to a hard or soft reset, does not recognize Zune and is a shell less than one year after purchase.
Please use plain text.
LexD

This has happened to me too (Nokia Lumia 800).

Holding power button is not working; volume & power button reset not working either.

I am currently using a power cable that is not the lumia one, however I don't see how this should matter (can somebody from Nokia confirm/disprove whether this would affect it?).

Not very satisfied with this. Phone not turning on at all basically.

Please use plain text.