Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 800 not turning ON completely.

LexD

attached a photo of the symbol when "charging".

Worth noting that my Lumia is also less than a year old, and rendered useless.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
welcome2013

my lumia does not turn on completely. I press the start button and the logo comes on and thats it. What must i do.

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

Had the exact same symptom, tried all sorts of key combinations to wake it up, eventually gave up and sent it back to Nokia. Now crossing the fingers for good news, hopefully.

Awful experience on the "briliiant" phone.
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Hakku

Even I got the same problem of charging. It not charging-up and only got viberation but neither it turning on nor charging I tried everything. Change of Charger, Laptop Charging all the buttons pressing. Noting is useful Now I giveup and will handover to Nokia Guys. It sucks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mikayil99

My nokia Lumia 710 is not turning on. today i formated his disk and it is not working while i formated his disk

Please use plain text.
Professor
bbao

> today i formated his disk and it is not working while i formated his disk

Are you talking about Lumia 710's internal memory?
bbao

* If this post helped you, please click the white Kudo star.
* If this post has solved your issue, please click Accept as Solution.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bleeek

Today will be the THIRD time I take my Lumia 800 to service for the SAME REASON! It's absurd, really!

First time I experienced this was like 10 months ago, took it to service after trying every possible thing to get it back on. I got it back after 1,5 weeks and the same thing happened the next day. Back to service, waiting for 2 more weeks, got the phone back and now it's been just fine for almost a year! All updates done, everything should've been in order but NO.

Right now the only thing that's really bugging me is that during the last 3 days I've composed two new songs (or some fine parts of new songs anyway) and now I'm surely going to be losing them.

Being finnish and all, it's a shame really to have to say Nokia is a finnish company.

Please use plain text.
alkarthikn

5/4/12hey people, i recently bought a lumia 800 and its been a great experience.but, last night a weird thing happened... i was using my phone normally, with 3g turned on, and after a few minutes of browsing through the whats new place in the me hub, the phone just hung... i could not do anything with it. so, i tried turning it off, but din't work. i tried connecting it to the charger, din't work. Finally, i did a hard reset by pressing the lock button for 10 seconds. then after that when i connected the phone to the charger, it turned ON and the nokia logo came up on the screen... nothing happened affter that and it remained like tat for 1 hour. again i did a hard reset, same problem happened. so, i left it to charge all night and still the same thing in the morning... and also a battery symbol with a red line at the bottom is shown before the nokia logo appears.... now i cannot use the phone... what do i do now??Add Comment
Please use plain text.
milin

I also faced the same problem from yesterday night. My phone discharged after that i put on charging i tried all options suggested in post. but didnt help me :smileysad:

When try to charge at that getting Red Line battery after few seconds getting nokia logo then not going beyond that.

If anyones problem is solved then i want to know its software problem or hardware problem ??

Please use plain text.
calexico

Same problem here.
Hope to find a solution soon.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arsonn

It worked! Thank you. :smileyhappy:

My Lumia 800 died on me while listening to music. Thanks to this forum I was able to troubleshoot it all on my own, I feel so techy right now. 

I basically just pressed the lower button and power button, both at the same time for a few seconds...It did not vibrate. So I released them. That's when the phone vibrated. Then it insantly went on. 

So happy.

Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.