Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia 800 screen issue

Advisor
rvergarad

lumia 800 screen issue

Hello to everyone,I'm new to the forums but I've been reading it for a while now.

I'm from Chile and I have my Lumia 800 for a week. Terrible battery life in 3G (8,5 hours of normal use)  , great life in 2G (22-23 hours). 

My previous phone was a 5800 Xpress Music , and compared to that the Lumia is lightning fast!.

but... and here's the problem, when the screen is set on automatic (and the surroundings are dark) or the screen is set on low or medium brightness I can see some horizontal lines in the screen while I scroll. I found a video in youtbe with the same problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8t_oRDpY70

when the screen is set at full brightness is barely noticeable,but is there. Is there a way to solve this? software? firmware? or my screen is a faulty one?.

regards.

Rodrigo.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tonycomley

Re: lumia 800 screen issue

Hey Rodrigo. I noticed the same issue with the screen. After a bit of searching I found that It's normal behaviour for the type of screen on the Lumia 800 (AMOLED Pentile). It's a bit disappointing, but the trade off is that you get great contrast and colour reproduction, so it's a question of whether or not you can live with it. Here's a forum post that explains the issue:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=774a196159681fa2&hl=en

The battery issues are the same for me too. Apparently Nokia is rolling out an update that triples battery life. India and Singapore have it already. Not sure when it'll hit Chile, but the UK has yet to see it.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/06/lumia-800-update-triples-battery-life/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
masterpeura

I've noticed the stripes as well, and the bad grounding (try holding a page still while charging), oh and the black spots if you have a black screen when it's dark.
You can notice black spots on the screen when you have a black screen (run diag. app e.g.) if you are in the dark.

Pretty minor issues to be honest, I use max brightness on my screen and none of these issues are even noticeable, even at a closer look you might not catch them.
Please use plain text.
JMaravelo

What are these black spots? Seems as some kind of bubbles under the display to me. I was really freightened of that. Thanks god its normal behaviour :smileyembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rvergarad

I tested my phone in the dark and luckily I don't have the black spots. just the lines.

Please use plain text.