Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 820 battery indicator problems

progri
Accepted Solution

lumia 820 battery indicator problems

I have some problems with the battery indicator. Sometimes it freezes at random percentages. Ex: i charged my phone; the battery indicator shows 100% and it remains at 100% even though i use the phone for many hours. I know the battery is not full and the indicator changes only when the battery reaches critically low level. Some other times it freezes at 77 or so. Ex2: during charging the indicator shows actual battery level(let's say 25%). But if i try listening some music, the indicator goes instantly to 100%.
i find these software problems a little bit annoying.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? also ensure that you have the latest Nokia system app updates installed from the Store. have you also taken your battery out and replaced it after ten minutes. failing that, you may need to perform a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone). make a backup before doing this to PC and/or online storage first of your data, as a hard reset wipes all data.

Failing the above, you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
progri

Thanks for your help. I will do what you ve told me and see if it works.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

no worries, you are most welcome, hope it all works out for you mate :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
progri

Well, after a long time my problem with the indicator was partially fixed (after i installed a software update). But now, another issue troubles me. After i fully charge the phone the battery lasts for, let's say, 24 hours. then the phone shuts down. if i plug it in, only for 30 sec, it starts and the battery is at 50%, and it last another 12 hours. Also, if i don't plug the phone in, and attempt to turn it on after an hour it went dead, it starts with the battry at around 50 %. So, the battery is not fully empty when the phone shuts dow the first time.

Is there an immediate solution for this or do i have to wait for another software update?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

no options really except to perform a soft or hard reset as i described earlier, and hope for the best. if there are still problems, then you will need to take your phone to Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support

Am deeply sorry to hear of the continued problems with your handset :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pravarbhardwaj

My lumia 820's battery gets stuck at 100% after a full charge.. N doesn't come down untill its around 15% ..
and i only get right indication when i restart my phone after charging..
how to fix this..? Any solution?
please help!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Did you try the suggestion in message 2 of this thread ?

Please use plain text.
progri

you should update your phone. The stuck indicator was fixed after the first update.

Please use plain text.